Thursday, December 9, 2010

They call me Red. Red Bull.

Frenzied would be the best adjective to describe my housecleaning Tuesday.

All floors mopped/swept/vacuumed as applicable - I spot treated high traffic areas and finished the stairs.

Segue to backstory:  At Catharine's gorgeous new house on Thanksgiving, Zesty came to the end of his proverbial rope of good behavior at the same time that he was left alone for NOT VERY LONG AT ALL in Alyssa's room.  He found the markers, and proceeded to "redecorate" Alyssa's tan fabric rocking chair cushions.  Green.  His favorite color! Of course I was freaking out, but Catharine had some Resolve Pet Care stain remover.  The marker came out just fine, and all was well.  I hauled my rear end into WalMart the next day and bought a bottle of Resolve Multi-Fabric stain remover to attack my couch cushions.  It was fantastic!  And I was on a roll so I did my first half of the carpet on the stairs, and ran out of resolve and Resolve.  Had to get more.

Could that have been any more boring? I think not.

Segue back to Turesday: I scrubbed all three bathrooms; washed, dried and put away laundry.  Cooked dinner.  Bathed the kids.  Spanked Zesty three or seven times.  Cleaned up the kitchen again.  Took Splenda to and from school.  Went to two different banks.  AND I blogged!

Yesterday I organized the hot mess that was my desk, put away the kids' laundry, and cooked supper again.  Oh, and hemmed Zesty's Christmas play costume.

I'm pretty sure I have exceeded my quota for productivity this week.

And to make you hate me even more, I have lost eight pounds since Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment