This is costing me more than $15, I'm not sure my new-found inner frugal crafter can handle it :)
I'm on a weight loss program, under the care of a weight management physician. I just started this weekend, so it's still pretty new to me. It involves prescription medicine, four times weekly 35-40 minute walking, and a low calorie diet. Disclaimer: this is totally for me and me alone. My husband makes it very clear (AHEM) that he is completely happy with how I look. For that matter, I'm happy with how I look. I just would like more options when I go shopping for clothes.
If you had told me three days ago that I could eat less than 1500 calories a day and be full and satisfied, I would have said you were delusional. But I've done it two days in a row now. TWO WHOLE DAYS!
Tomorrow I need to remind myself of this success, because I will start my walking videos back up again. I am so out o' shape. I know that "Walk Away The Pounds" is going to mock me, but I'm ready to reclaim my body from years of stress eating, thyroid issues, and having two babies in two years.
Any low calorie tips you'd like to share with the class? I'll start it off:
1) Diet Caffeine Free Pepsi. I can only drink so much water.
2) I ate a single solitary cinnamon roll this morning, sans icing, and followed it up with a small apple. I do not kid, it tasted like I just ate a piece of apple pie. Try it!
3) That's all I've got. I did make potato soup this afternoon before church so we could reheat it for dinner, and I ate my fill - and still probably only ate half of what I normally would serve myself.
2 comments:
Some of my fav's:
Quakes rice cake chips- the caramel and cheese flavors are both delish.
wheat tortillas with sundried tomato turkey (from the deli at Wmart) and lettuce wraps for lunch
Weight Watchers desserts for those moments when you really need chocolate.
Skinny Cow ice cream treats- same reason as above
Diet cherry Pepsi
Dannon light n' fit vanilla yogurt
And good for you, Liz! You can do it!
I have a wicked sweet tooth. If I don't satisfy it, I WILL binge...no question. Which is why I'm carrying around 35 lbs of post-marriage weight...which will hopefully go far, far away very soon. Anyway, I have found that candy canes (40 calories each) and Hershey kisses are great. They satisfy the sweet tooth without blowing the diet. :)
Hot apple cider is a great low-calorie (80 calories) drink that is pretty satisfying. I use it to curb late night munchies. Sugar-free hot chocolate and whipped cream is another good one.
Make sugar-free jello and cool whip parfaits--very few calories. Sugar free pudding cups are another great way to satisfy the sweet tooth/munchie urge.
When you are absolutely STARVING or when you are trying to save calories for a high calorie meal later on--broccoli. It's filling, with few calories (about 30/cup I think).
Post a Comment