Tuesday, December 28, 2010

And we forgot a pillow ... AGAIN.

Christmas program is over, all family gatherings have been attended, the Christmas tree and decorations are put away without much damage, and all the new toys have been organized and integrated into the playroom.

We managed to condense all the too-much-candy-and-spoiling meltdowns into one day; it's so much more efficient for everyone to be mad at the same time.

Zesty dumped fish food into my sister's fish tank ... thankfully this time they didn't die.

I didn't dump Pinky onto the floor this time.  She was bundled up on a pallet right next to my side of the air mattress though, and as soon as she figured out Momma was right! next! to! her! she was in my face.  Then back on her bed.  An hour later, she was kissing my face and giggling, then she'd fall back asleep and I'd roll her back to her blankets.

Lather, rinse, repeat. 

Is this really what God had in mind when He entered the world in a humble stable? Did He turn to Gabriel and comment, "I will save my people from their sins. And verily, the retailers will slash prices drastically to reduce inventory to remember my birth."  And to think we go through this craziness every year, starting earlier and earlier.  Just a thought, folks. Just a thought.

Splenda saved her birthday and Christmas money for one big splurge at Staples, and picked up a sweet little HP Mini netbook. That sound you heard Sunday afternoon was me breathing a sigh of relief, because she had her heart set on a purple one, which would have required shipping and delivery to our house.  Not a big deal if it was for me or Mr Lemon, but Splenda has a defect in her patience gene and would have driven us bananas waiting for it to arrive.  Plus, the bonus of clearance + display model = steep discount.

I'm so ready for 2011.  Can I just skip the next 3 days, please and thank you?

4 comments:

K said...

I think I have that same defect in my patience gene. At least that's what I'll use for my reasoning for my raging at Amazon for not shipping my Christmas Eve order until TODAY...

Unknown said...

Well, Sissy, The fish needed a spring cleaning on their home anyway, and, this time, Rob did it instead of me (every other time for the last 8.5 years). We all had a blast and no one got seriously injured from cramming 9 people into a 3 bedroom home for 2 days :) Eva's arm doesn't count 'cause it happened b4 the family gathering

Andrea said...

Aww, sounds like a fun Christmas, except the broken arm! Good for Splenda, bargain shopping is a wonderful trait to have. Have a happy new year, stop by and visit my new blog :)

~Denise said...

Weeeeeeellll, my aunt would tell you that no, we are not to celebrate the birth of the Lord in any way b/c if He had wanted us to celebrate it He would have told us exactly when it was and said "Yay, verily I say unto you, Celebrate!" I'm paraphrasing here of course, but you get the idea. Can you tell I was just on the phone listening to her rant about how frantic people get in an effort to celebrate something in a way that would make Jesus cry??? "Go worship Him, that is what the shephards and wisemen did" Ok, I'm done now.
By the way, I'm overly impressed that all your stuff is down and put away already, I'm still staring at STUFF everywhere.

Post a Comment