Friday, May 28, 2010

For those of you who are still on Blogger because it's free

I needed to do some bloggy cleaning.

It was just getting too cluttered on the blog.  I really wanted a freshly designed blog for my birthday coming up, but that's going to wait for a later time.  I had some free time last night because Thithy decided it was time to spoil Zesty, and also Mr Lemon went to work.  It was just me and Pinky, and she went to bed reasonably early.  So then it was just me and the interweb.

I liked the idea of the Facebook plug-in for someone to "like" a post, but then I realized only someone with a Facebook account could simply "like" a post.  Also, if I am not friends on Facebook with a person who liked it, then I can't see who it is.

Do you know how tantalizing it is to see "someone liked your post," and not know who it is?!?!?!?  I decided I'd rather not know who anyone is that likes my post than to see my name, Mr Lemon's name, and that ambiguous "someone."

Yes.  I realize I over-think these things.  It's part of my charm.

So I did a little research and added reactions by Blogger instead.  It works just fine for my purposes, and is easily edited if someone would want to have an "agree" and "disagree" button instead of the "like" option.

I also found the jump break.  Not sure what a jump break is?


THAT is a jump break.  In order to see it on your Compose tab when you are creating a new post, you need to go to the Settings tab, and click on Basic.  Scroll down and choose the Updated editor option.

I like this feature because it allows the reader to scroll through the front page of the blog looking for that hilarious post about potty training without having to re-read about how anal I am about taking my photo.

Did I mention that I have a birthday coming up?  Next Saturday I'll be 30.

Go on, get all of the old lady jokes out of the way.  I'm having the time of my life, and I'm too busy to have an age crisis.  I have only one gray hair, and I'm quite proud of it.

My birthday plans include working at our new church building, taking a break to eat cake, and doing some more work.

And then eating the rest of the cake.

9 comments:

~cjoy said...

You're hysterical. And - I'm older than you so you won't get wisecracks outta me! Life is just getting started now that you'll be 30! I found my first "pixie dust" (that's how I blogged about my gray) back when I turned 30...so far, I've found a total of 3. Less than one gray hair a year. Not bad.

K said...

Those sounds like MY kind of birthday plans. =)

Unknown said...

I thought I was going to have a melt down when I turned 30. Last year I turned 31 and it wasn't nearly as bad as 30. I think it's the zero on the end that is scary... =)

Sir Nottaguy-Imadad said...

You only have one gray hair because you haven't taught any of your children how to drive yet. Been there, done that, have the gray hair to prove it.

Mr. and Mrs. Nurse Boy said...

If 30 is old, then I don't even want to know what 40 is... not that I am 40 yet. Not yet. 30 wasn't hard. 40 MIGHT be another story. Let's just pray I don't have PMS on my 40th. THAT might make for a very bad day.

Happy Birthday!!

Mrs. NB

Amy said...

I am blogging again. Or at least I have the last two days. haha I'm hoping it will be the link to my name. It's been so long I almost forgot how it works!

Young Pastor's Wife said...

I guess the true joy of being 30 is that you really can eat all of the cake if you like! Gotta love birthdays! :)

Ellie B said...

The "Big 0 " birthdays are the worst. 30 was worse than 70 for some unknow reason. Eleanor

~•TRUTH TO THE YOUTH•~ said...

Cute conversation. Oh and by the way... Iiiiii have no... Idea how I even got here

Post a Comment