(Well, not so much a state secret as something I wasn't ready to make broad sweeping statements about yet. But that caught your attention, now didn't it?)
I've been deeply involved with my church in many capacities for close to eleven years now. Each one of those eleven years, we would look around as a congregation and say, "THIS is the year we get a new facility ... THIS is the year we explode out of this block building."
We've come close to purchasing property to build, thisclose to leasing a building and remodeling to suit our needs, and finally, finally, we are BUYING a church building. This week!
It's a former Baptist church with a gymnasium, and a fellowship hall, and an equipped kitchen. Five spacious Sunday School rooms, a nursery, offices, storage closets. Paved parking. Central location for our Sunday School bus routes. Pastor's office with private entrance. And for all you church musicians out there ... there is plenty of room on the platform for our growing music department.
It is incredible the opportunity that we have as a congregation to work together and make this our church home.
Last night Pastor charged us to recall one defining moment, one landmark service that we have experienced in our current location, and to take that moment with us as a memorial. My mind flashed back through the years ... I have known deep sorrow in this church building. Many friends have turned to walk away from God. I have had times of prayer and sound biblical teaching that changed my life. I've also had the joys of meeting Mr Lemon, establishing lifelong relationships, seeing Splenda receive the Holy Ghost for the first time, and dedicating my babies in this building.
We are so excited and privileged to be part of the original congregation in our new location. There is nothing to do but look forward to the greater season that the Lord has for New Life Tabernacle.
5 comments:
I'm so excited about this move for you all! Have a question though, what's this about dedicating your babies?? Did we miss Pinky's dedication??
Well said my sweet wife:)
Mr.Lemon
I am very excited for you and your church! Our church currently doesn't have a church building either - we rent the banquet facilities (trust me, it is no where near as glorious as that term sounds!!) from a local hotel and are hoping to be able to purchase our own property soon. It must be a very exciting road to get to turn on to!!
I'm so happy for you all, Mrs. Lemon. The Lord is good and He's always on time, knowing just what we have need of, be it as individuals or a church body.
So excited for you all! Thrilled about the new building! :)
Post a Comment