Remember my bedroom Curtains? No? Let me walk you down memory lane by way of a dated, bulleted, and lame BUT EFFECTIVE list.
September 2009 - I found them at Target. I loved them with a love that only someone who has never really had awesome window treatments can love them. Also that someone who did not have the means by which to bring them home and treasure them always. I decided to wait.
October 2009 - we moved to a 3 bedroom apartment. Consequently the biggest bedroom also switched sides of the building, and we found ourselves awakened at the very essence of the crack of dawn each day because we didn't have any Curtains.
February 2010 - tax refund shopping spree commenced with Target as the first stop. Yes - I waited eleven months for those Curtains, and when I got to that aisle, there were exactly three panels. I begged one of the red shirts to please pretty please find me another panel!!! She did. My hero.
September 2010 - we moved again to our Blessing House, and I started planning to eventually redo my bedroom in extreme crown moulding and paint, etc, etc, etc, to match those Curtains.
April 2011 - Let this be forever known as the month in which I Painted A Lot. We made a little mistake at first, but stepped back to regroup, and you will love it when I finally get a picture worth posting to explain that sentence. Anyhoo - my plans for my bedroom have changed, but if you think for one minute that I'm about to waste my Curtains - you would be mistaken.
So I refined our color choices for the family room and I was so happy when everything lined up to where those Curtains will be pefect! They will live on in infamy, or something like that.
There's a few issues at stake. Well, actually 34 issues to be exact. The windows are 50" from the top of the frame to the window ledge - 3" below that is the ledge between the concrete and the drywall - and the Curtains are 84". The finished product needs to be no more than 52" long.
How can I make this work? I don't want to cut up my Curtains. But - the grommets are one of my favorite features. I don't like tie-backs, I don't like puddling curtains. I like simple lines - how can I fix this?
Please advise - I need someone to think for me because all these paint fumes may or may not have affected my ability to make a long story short. So to speak.
No comments:
Post a Comment