Saturday, April 10, 2010

A little pat on my back from myself

I'm not much of a "creator" ... I copy things, improve, tweak, but not so much of a original designer.

A few weeks ago I accidentally left my pump out after I was finished with it. Zesty messed with the tubing some, and lost one of the ends. I found it ... and then he lost it again. For good this time.

I finally got a free moment yesterday to go over to Motherhood Express to replace it. It's a good thing I'm budgetly minded because wow-oh-wow, there is some great stuff there.

One thing that caught my eye {and almost my wallet} is the MoBoleez nursing bonnet. What a wonderful idea - I was wondering how things would go this summer with a blanket over her head anytime I need to nurse in public.

So I determined to save my pennies and buy one in a few weeks ... there are some darling prints. The hat part seemed a little small for Pinky's head though.

Last night I browsed through some pictures and found this little gem:


Eva was just 8 weeks old, Zesty not quite a year old. Nana decided to buy their Easter outfits ... I do believe I found this outfit in the store and the matching hat. Of course Eva passed down all her castoffs to Pinky. That's what good cousins do. However, Pinky could only wear it once because she has a case of the chubs.

This morning I did a little mending, and got inspired to recycle the dress.

I detached the folded part of the brim, took off the flower embellishments, and pinned the hat just under the bodice of the dress. A few topstitched seams later, and I have my very own nursing bonnet:


I'm about to pass out from my success.

5 comments:

Carrie M. said...

~ That is brilliant!! You need to copyright that immediately!!

~cjoy said...

Awesomeness...truly. You rock.
And that is SO much cooler (and less conspicuous) than the big around the neck things, especially for summer...

Jewel said...

You and your mother are such creative people, Mrs. Lemon! :-)
And little Zesty and Pinky are so cute!! :-)
Oh and I saw the "wheat thins with warm cream cheese" or your tweet roll on the side....oh yeah!!! :-) AND the cream cheese doesn't even have to be warm for me! Oh Yum!! I can't eat just one or two or six!!! LOL

Anonymous said...

Very cute! You should put the flower back on it too!
Misty D.

organicmommy said...

OMG that is absolutely adorable. Both the fabric and the bonnet, well and your kids. That is a great idea and I wish I had that when my kids were smaller. I totally would have used it for all 3 of them!

Post a Comment