When you have five people in the house already, what's one more adult and one more baby? Come on over. The more the merrier.
Zesty loved playing with his cousin. KM is just eleven months younger, so they are right on each other's level.
And somehow SuperMom kicked in when I knew we were having company, and I managed to iron all of our clothes for Easter Sunday, cook dinner, and bake yeast rolls for a friend. There is nothing like an impending visit from your mother in law to motivate you. It doesn't matter how casual or formal your mother in law may be - it's your mother-in-law.
{PS - I have both a casual and a formal mother-in-law, and they both love me to pieces exactly the way I am. But. I still want to impress them and make them happy Mr Lemon married me.}
I tried to snap a shot of the kids in their Easter finery. You know. The picture you want to frame all summer.
Whoops. Zesty is in front of KM.
Take Two: Nobody looking at the camera.
Pinky wants to stand by Zesty.
Daddy is rescuing the baby; the boys have had exactly enough of this nonsense.
Thank you, Mr Lemon. I'll frame that one.
Splenda's adjusting her clothes for the eleventy billionth time while KM takes off to Uncle Lemon.
Me: "Would someone, ANYONE, look at the camera please?"
"Thank you, Splenda. You look darling."
Mr Lemon is not laughing at this point. I, on the other hand, am hysterically shooting one memorable picture after another.
Okay, this will have to do.
10 comments:
Too funny!! That made me laugh! Sweet Pea cried during my first attempt at the most adorable pictures of Easter of 2010. I can relate all too well. Luckily, the boys cooperate pretty well now.
Mrs. NB
It's always best to be the person behind the camera. You can crack up and shoot to your hearts content while everyone around you is falling to pieces.
I love all of the pictures. Just wish we could have been around to take some with you in there, also. Please tell Splenda that fashion glasses make her look too grown-up for this Nana's taste. (I had to keep telling myself, "She's only 12!")
Love the running commentary on your photo shoot...I could feel the fun times. I think you ought to print a small picture of that bending over one for your wallet... heheheh... ;D
I'm with cjoy! Loved the running commentary AND I can't believe how grown-up Splenda is looking! Wow! It happens so quickly it seems!
The boys looked adorable! :-)
Realest Easter photo shoot, EVER.
Splenda is a beautiful young girl :) I bet she has no idea.
You're right Marianne; I don't think Splenda has any idea just how lovely she is. Loved this photo shoot! And yes Mrs. Lemon, I love you for your beautiful self and I'm happy my Son married you! (",) Dinner was delish!
I love every picture!! So great! You did better than I, we took not one pic with our camera! Great pics!!
LOL I was checking this out on lunch break at work and a fellow worker wanted to know if the two girls were both your daughters!! I had to laugh and tell her that, "No, actually, one is your m-i-l!" I had to look close too and I know her
=)
Post a Comment