Wednesday, March 31, 2010

My beloved son, on the occasion of his second birthday

Dear Zesty,

Each morning you wake up, and I think ... "that's the last time for those pajamas, he grew overnight."


You are so loving to your sisters, and to your Daddy and I.


It makes me so happy to share each milestone with your grandparents, and to receive solid advice on your upbringing from my friends who have successfully raised their own babies.

Someday you'll be a man, with hopes and visions of a future. Someday you'll meet a wonderful girl who loves God, and her dreams will complement your own.

I have but one goal for you before that day arrives:

Will you please, for the love of macaroni and cheese, learn to sit down in your bath? You really should have a thorough "undercarriage" wash every now and again.

All of my love,

Your Momma

3 comments:

MotherT said...

Happy Birthday, Little Man!!! It's so hard to believe that 2 years ago, we were rushing into the hospital just barely in time for your Aunt Sica to be in the room in time for your appearance!

Dear Daughter, don't worry so much about the "undercarriage" soak! I'm sure you wash it well enough!

Jewel said...

Happy Birthday, Zesty!!! You are sooo handsome!!! :-)

Valerie said...

I love this post!! Happy Belated Birthday Z!!!

Mrs. Lemon, you make me smile every time!! Undercarriage wash~~LOL

Post a Comment