Thursday, March 4, 2010

The Real Reasons You Read This Blog

Zesty found the power button on my Medela Swing a few minutes ago. Discovered that air comes out the tubing. Turned it on - and stuck the tube up his nose.

Pinky is squirming around. She rolled over once, hasn't figured out how to do it again, so she just squirms her way around. Last night when she was hollering, I went in her room to find her feet on the pillow and her head under the blanket.

Zesty is picking up some sign language here and there. He can sign and say apple, please, thank you, more, drink, chicken, and ball. I'm trying to get him to sign and say water, Daddy, and Mommy. He has lots of words he speaks, at least 40 words. I'm trying to remember them all and write them down in his baby book so that when I take him for his two year check up in a few weeks, I won't be caught off guard when the doctor asks about it.

(TWO year check up? what? Wasn't he just born five minutes ago?)

Pinky is loving rice cereal about every other day. I haven't given it every day simply because I have hardly been home to remember she eats cereal now. Although we have not noted any jealousy from Zesty, he did want to eat her plain bland rice cereal the other day when I was feeding it to her. From her baby spoon, no less. Nasty. But eat the flavorful apple and cinnamon oatmeal I offer him? Not happening.

She is such a lovey baby. Loves to smile, cuddle, and kissy kiss kiss.

{kissing Aunt "Mamiee" as Zesty has dubbed her. I have a similar shot of Zesty kissing her at this age too!}

She's always happy to see me, and just giggles at her brother and big sister. Very content ... unless you happen to be washing her face or wiping her nose. Baths are happy times as long as she can lay down in it, and Miss Picky McPickerslee* must have it not too cold, and not too hot, but JUST RIGHT.

Zesty is a good eater when he feels like it. See?

{last night. BBQ ribs, baked potato, corn on the cob, and no less than 4 biscuits.}

We've seen a lot of my Mom and Dad the last few months, and it makes me so so happy that he knows that they are his grandparents. I worry about that, since they are a few hours away and not with him all the time. But, he just trots along behind them all over the place, just as grandbabies should.


*Name has been changed to protect the innocent. Any resemblence to her Momma is purely coincidental, and will not be acknowledged as Momma Picky McPickerslee.

2 comments:

MotherT said...

It seems that Pinky is good at sticking her head under things. Maybe she thinks there's something going on out of her sight???

Mr. Z is just absolutely so cute! He knows good food when he tastes it and therefore he will eat!

As the Nana with temperature preferences, I understand the need for "Just Right"!

~cjoy said...

You're right...that's exactly why I read your blog - you and your kids are SO funny!

So, up his nose with a rubber hose, huh? You need to remember that one. hahaha!

Post a Comment