Mr Lemon and I love celebrating all of our "versaries" - the meetiversary, the dateiversary, the loveiversary, the engageiversary, and the actual wedding anniversary.
I mean, when you cram a sensible two-year relationship into 12 weeks, you gotta take every opportunity for dinner and flowers that you can.
Pretty much every morning in the month of March, I wake up and think, "What day is it? What was I doing three years ago today?"
Three years ago today I was headed to a Ladies Retreat with great trepidation. Let me just say that I absolutely love my church's district. Every time I attend a Ladies Retreat, I am blown away by the kindness and hospitality.
That particular weekend, a dear "seasoned" saint grabbed my best friend Thithy and exclaimed, "God is faithful! He's FAITHFUL!" and went about her way. We laughed about it a little, it was sweet though. Like an old saint who gets up to testify - you giggle at the time, and then you remember later those truths.
That Sunday Thithy was walking past me in the sanctuary back home, and she just grabbed me and pretending to be that lady, said "God is faithful! He's FAITHFUL!" We laughed - and then we both wept, knowing that God still had Plans for me. I wasn't finished just because I was divorced. He still had a Dream for me.
The next Sunday was March 11th - I went out to eat with a cute boy - the rest is history.
Let March 2nd forever be known as my faithiversary.
5 comments:
=D
Amen, sweet friend. Amen.
Thank the good Lord for faithiversaries!!!! Enjoy your posts.
Debby Anderson
Wow, and I was reading your blog WAY back then too!!! I remember reading it as it happened, and wow I can't believe it's been 3 years.
Wow! I love it!! God is faithful.
Post a Comment