Thursday, February 4, 2010

Pinky is in her own bed and Momma has the interweb to herself without Elmo for background noise

The taxes, they are TAXING.

I do believe this is the first time all week I've taken a breath. Yesterday the longest time I sat down in silence was the drive to church. Correction - the drive to pick up a young girl for church. There was no silence after that.

As you can well imagine.

Luckily, I'll have all day Monday and Tuesday to waste on the internet since I'm only working when Mr Lemon is home with the babies, and he is working Monday and Tuesday. I'm sure the internet has missed me while I worked all this week. At least let me think that is the case.

For random's sake, there is nothing like the incentive of not having another baby in 9 months to make one remember to take one's birth control daily at the same time every day until one has a smallish office procedure in two weeks to eliminate the need for said daily pill.

Zesty is talking up a storm now. He just says anything he wants to say - I have a cute video of him trying to say peanut butter - it sounds like "pah-nuh bubber."

He's also trying so hard to dress himself. I sent my Mom a picture of him putting on my scarf ("scars" in Z-talk) and coat - she asked me if it was time for dress up clothes? And the answer to that is a resounding NO, because I would like another year at least of taking a well-dressed little boy to the store before he discovers Batman and Spiderman costumes as dress up clothes, then wearing them to bed, and then wearing them to the store, and then wearing them to church ...

The discussion over at BigMama struck a chord with me, a weird altered minor eleventh chord, because I just know I'll be the anal parent who has the outfits all put together complete with socks on one hanger so Zesty doesn't mess it up. I totally have it in me to be that picky. I change Pinky's clothes twice a day if I have the chance, from onesie all the way to hairclips. Mr Lemon gave her a bath the other day, and I (lovingly) advised him to next time? please brush her hair after the bath so it doesn't stick up until her next bath. And brush it thisway - part it on the left side.

Egads. Just reading that makes me cringe - I'm lucky I'm so cute that he loves me despite my bossy picky ways.

5 comments:

MotherT said...

Is this really the same child I raised who argued that dark green socks go perfectly well a pink plaid skirt and yellow shirt??? What has Kentucky done to my girl??? lol

Sir Nottaguy-Imadad said...

Is this the same girl who refused to hang anything up and prefered to live out of a laundry basket? Egad! LOL

Liz said...

That will be enough out of the parent peanut gallery.

;)

Rachel Coltharp said...

Sweet one,
I have always considered that children are a gift from God. Should not we wrap such gifts beautifully?

And so I did, or at least my version of 'did' until #4.

Baby G often goes to, gasp in horror here, church... in pj's.

Sometimes he even wears undershirts with pink embroidery on them.

By the time I got to #4 just being clean was considered 'churched' up enough! Lord bless the last child of old parents.
RLC

Valerie said...

Nathaniel and Makiah were always well put together. Sam was put together, just not as well as the first two and Daniel, well he sported a sports balls blanket sleeper at church yesterday. I am doing well if my clothes are put together, let alone the kids. :o)

Post a Comment