Friday, January 29, 2010

Mother Of The Year Award

I'd like to thank my kids for giving me this award. I know it's because of all of the fries I clean up off the floor, and all the dirty diapers I take care of, and I'm sure this most recent award was because of my performance Monday night.

We went up to visit my family since Grandma was having surgery on Tuesday morning. She's fine, thanks for asking. But. She's old, and lots of health problems, and I was all freaked out thinking she wouldn't come out of the anesthesia, and wouldn't it be terrible if I didn't let her hold her great-grand-baby? I needed to spend some time with her.

So we traveled. Splenda was with her mother, in school, so it was just four of us this time. But. It was all four of us in the bed that night because Zesty is past snoozing in the pack 'n' play. He kicked me in the back all night long, tossing, turning, smacking his head on the metal frame of the bunk bed ...

Pinky was on my side so I could just nurse her. I had ahold of her. I promise. ALL NIGHT LONG - except for the few minutes I was actually in a deep sleep - and she fell out of the bed. I didn't even notice. Mr Lemon woke me up - "Liz! Where's Pinky?" "She's right here ... ummm ... where is she?" She must have been on the floor awhile because her whole head was under the bed, must have crept there.

Poor thing.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

I didn't mean to giggle when I read this, but I did anyway! Hasn't every mother been through this at some point? I thought it was just a right of passage! =)

MotherT said...

If this is the worst your motherhood presents you, count yourself blessed! I could top this without trying, as a matter of fact, you could tell some stories on me that would top this. It's a mom thing!

Jewel said...

wow....girl, you HAVE been through it but little Pinky did survive, hm? *smile*

ADS said...

Don't worry about the giggle fellow commenter because I actually laughed out loud. I had this cartoon image where lil' Pinky made sure her momma was asleep and quietly crept out of bed onto the floor for some peaceful sleep. Only to be noticed a few minutes later. Drat, she says, I was caught.

Tiff said...

Giggling here too. lol! Poor lil Pinky...must not have bothered her too bad though if she kept right on snoozing!

Marianne said...

I had a small heart attack when I read this, Liz... because of all the EXTREME FEARS I had of this happening while we were co-sleeping.

Valerie said...

Oh my, I'm in there with the gigglers!! I again with Tiff though, if she just kept snoozing, she must not have minded it.

Code Yellow Mom said...

Oh, little Pinky. Sleeping under the bed. She only wants you to THINK she wants you every minute of every day (and night) - turns out she'd like a little alone time, too. ;)

Um, at least she wasn't under your pillow. Or your body. Not that anything like that has ever happened to me. Ever.

P.S. The "Mother of the Year Award" angle is hilarious. I could think of so MANY reasons my kids would give it to me...!

Post a Comment