I have a lazy streak a mile wide. It's not even buried very deep. Reading posts about pj days make me yearn for a day on the couch with a pile of favorite books and two kinds of ice cream to choose from, but those days are over for me.
Melanie included a link recently (ummm, today) to a free ebook Maximize Your Mornings, and I said "Yes, ma'am," and immediately went forth and subscribed.
(Excuse me, Zesty is eating paper.)
(As an aside, why will my son not eat the delicious food I put before him, but he will dig paper out of the trash WITH A STAPLE IN IT and eat that? I just have to tell myself eventually he will get tired of eating peanut butter and jelly every night for supper and will eat the nutritious hot meal I labored over.)
I've read a few pages, and I can see I'm going to have to fast and pray before I finish reading it, because my flesh is saying "What? Get up early? No-way-ho-zay."
But really. Go and see what I'm going to be working on. I need to learn this so I can teach my kids to get their important stuff done before doing their fun stuff.
And to eat real food before they eat paper.
2 comments:
I got that too! I'm going to try to get up early. I need to do the workbook.
I am a firm believer that mornings are vital to the success of the day. But a lot of times my need for sleep takes over. It's something really good to focus on and improve, for sure.
My best morning habit is to know before 10 a.m. what we're having for dinner. It's surprising how much easier that makes the evenings. Decide and plan, take the meat out of the freezer, do a quick ingredient check, and know that dinner is a done deal before the day gets away from you. Makes the arsenic hours just a leetle bit more bearable!
Post a Comment