If you see me in the store tomorrow with a huge bruise on my left arm, I promise, my husband does not beat me. I tripped (surprise ...) going up to the platform Sunday night. Instead of slamming my face into the keyboard, I caught myself by slamming my wrist underneath the keyboard. There are witnesses.
A whole church full of witnesses.
Today if you see me in the store it will be a feat of physics and time travel, since I'm snowed in, and I have no vehicle with carseats at the moment.
But yesterday? I was in the store. Spending our tax refund faster than I could text Mr Lemon what all I was buying.
Mostly spent on medical bills, and tickets for our vacation this summer. But - I ordered a new desk, and bought those curtains I've been lusting after since September, and my bedspread. The bedspread is really just a cotton blanket, but it's a lovely shade of soft peacock blue (speaking of which, isn't Melanie's new design fantastic? Makes me want to put the babies down for a nap and find some new pretties for my own blog)
... where was I? Oh yes, the bedspread. It's thin, comfy with my fleece sheets, and will be great for summer with some normal sheets.
So after Mr Lemon finishes assembling all my purchases, I will take pictures and share my home with you. I've never been much of a decorator, so it's very exciting for me to have stuff to show off.
Right now if I took pictures, you'd see a slowly-getting-better little boy cleaning up his spilled pudding with a placemat. I'm not complaining, he ate quite a bit of that pudding before he started smearing it all over, and it's the first thing in days he's attacked with any energy ... except for the Cheetos he ate part of and then smashed into my carpet ... and fries. His sole existence would be McDonald's fries if I allowed it.
You would also see Zesty "cooking" with my pots and pans all over the kitchen. He didn't just get an insane amount of toys for Christmas 6 weeks ago or anything which are languishing around the living room. Toys which each have an average of eleventy billion pieces.
Speaking of toys, Splenda was up this weekend and voluntarily organized Zesty's toys in his bedroom. I was highly impressed. Maybe I can get her to put away his clothes for me next time.
Pinky is sleeping in her bed. I've given in the last two nights to let her sleep in our room because I weighed the consequences of a sick and tired toddler against the sleep training of an infant, and the toddler won. But, she does do well in her own bed when I get her good and conked out first.
*The real title of this post?
Random = each individual snowflake, and also the sentences in this post. Also, a lot of snowflakes outside, and a lot of sentences in this post.
The end.
5 comments:
Ha ha... I love posts like this. Mainly because most of my posts are full of random-what-is-going-on-at-that-very-moment-in-my-head sentences. And aren't tax refunds like winning a mini-lottery?!
Tax refund season: Christmas for grown-ups! We bought our first house this year so tax refund is going to be superdeedooper fun for us!! Problem is that we are waiting on my W-2 from NIH and it's STILL NOT HERE!! ARGHHH!! The federal government is shut down so I can't even call and yell at them. It's probably stuck in some mailman's truck that is buried in snow. Haha!
Splenda is welcome here anytime. We have lots of toys. Just saying...
Mrs. NB
I love tax return time!! It's so awesome. So awesome in fact we start talking about what we want with next years immediately after the current year refund is gone. I think we have a moment of silence at that time.
Can't wait to see all your new stuff. I get two tax times this year. One now, which won't be so fun (savings) and then when we move and get to spend, spend, spend. :o)
See - I always feel so guilty about spending money, and I just got a revelation tonight - lots of people are paying off credit card debt with their refunds. I totally applaud that. But we have not touched a credit card since August of 2008, therefore living within our means, and we are just buying all the stuff we would have bought with a credit card ... so ... NO MORE GUILT!
PS - plus I got two new pairs of boots tonight, so I'm totally justifying that purchase as interest free ;)
Post a Comment