And to save you some clicking, because it's just too much work, I'll copy and paste it here for your viewing pleasure:
I would just like to say that in microwave shopping, you want to look for one that it is APPARENT how to only use seconds instead of minutes. My microwave – the numbers 1-9 are minutes, so if you want 45 seconds to melt some cheese on Doritos to eat with sour cream, you have to hit the power button first before you punch the numbers in. Otherwise you get 4 minute cooked cheese on Doritos.
I’m just sayin’
~I did do something a little cool Saturday night. The backstory is that we traveled on Wednesday two hours into the middle of nowhere in Ohio, and Thursday we traveled 2 1/2 hours into the middle of nowhere in Kentucky. I found out that hey! I'm 5 1/2 months pregnant! and I can no longer travel further than 15 minutes with my favorite jean skirt buttoned. And yet, hypothetically, if you also try to turn around in the car and console your shrieking child with said jean skirt unbuttoned, it will fall down and flash the truck drivers.
So I had the brilliant idea to try and make it a maternity skirt. I bought 3/4 yard of navy knit material. Karen probably knows the technical term for it, but it was on the bolt already in a tube shirt-like manner. I folded it in half for extra support, sewed in some elastic in the top, and sewed the loose ends to the waistband of my skirt. On my second try, I remembered that my belly sticks out - so I zipped the fly up halfway and sewed the knit material in a half-moon shape across the zipper.
It's not perfect, but all my maternity shirts are long enough to cover the comfy part, so I'm not concerned about it. And the best part - when I'm done being pregnant, I can just rip out the seam, sew the waistband buttons back on, and no one will be any the wiser.
~Next week we're going to visit my family and do a little field trip to the Ohio Historical Museum and the county fair. I'm so excited - I haven't been to the museum since I was probably in 5th grade. And the county fair? All I have to say is I told Mr Lemon to budget GENEROUSLY for all the fair food I plan to eat.
~This is probably premature bragging, but we've started talking to Zesty about The Potty. I got a great book at the library by a real live mom, Potty Training Your Baby. It has helped me already, because of the positive approach it takes - not telling him that his poopy stinks, or getting upset that he poops.
Just in the last few days, I've purposefully been telling him exactly what he did in his diaper, and not reacting even when IT STANKS. In return, he has started grabbing his crotchal area when we ask him if he went potty in his diaper. I'm pretty sure Mr Lemon thought I was making that up until he saw Zesty do it himself.
Also - he started to pee when I took his diaper off before a bath the other day, and his eyes got big, and seriously ladies - he ran for the toilet.
I haven't even tried to catch anything in the toilet yet. I even just talked to my sister in law the other day and told her I wasn't going to try for awhile longer. It would be great if he would just potty train himself, though.
~And lastly, Zesty likes Reese's pieces. I can't eat them in front of him. Wait, who am I kidding? I can't eat ANYTHING in front of him if I don't plan to share.
7 comments:
my friend has decided to begin potty training her son, and she told her dear husband to let the boy observe daddy doing his number 1 business. dear husband got a horrified look and said "why? so he can play in my pee stream??" all said and done, the son watched and cocked his head like "what is THAT??" he's either learning or scarred forever....
Love the randomness of your post! Maybe you should remember about his love for Reese's pieces when it is indeed time to catch the pee? Plus you will need to reward yourself after a good day of potty training. Oh, who am I kidding...you'll deserve an entire cake! And, I am going to try to still like you even if your son is potty trained before the age of 3. But, seriously, I do wish you much luck when that time comes!
Mrs. Nurse Boy
I can only pray that Zesty is as easy to potty train as you were. I think I would have lost my mind if you hadn't pretty much potty trained yourself while I was dealing with 4 month old Sica and major lack of sleep! ;-)
Thanks for the shout-out! Honestly, why can't we have a simple microwave that we, the users, can program? Who is at the head of this microwave conspiracy?
So Mrs. Lemon...how long and what days will you be here to enjoy the fair? Looking forward to seeing you!
I'm envious of the potty training of the baby-not-much-longer. If only...
But I did stock up on bumGeniuses to do cloth with my newby. I feel happy about that. :)
I'm also struggling with a no-seconds-denoted microwave situation here so I TOTALLY understand and support your microwave shopping tip. :)
First let me say that I LOVED the microwave comment (LOL on the Doritos) and totally agree!
Potty training, well you know how I feel about that, but I just put a post up before visiting bloggy friends about potty training. I do hope and pray that your potty training adventure is better than mine!
Great job on the skirt!! So many talents you have!! :o) Enjoy the fair and the food, but mostly the fair food!!
Post a Comment