You ever have one of those days? In which nothing goes right?
That was my day yesterday. In fact, if I blogged even a single paragraph for each catastrophic event that took place yesterday, I would have enough posts for about two weeks. I only wish I were exaggerating.
After a disastrous lunch which tasted delicious to everyone but Splenda, and who Mr Lemon made her eat it anyways even after she chewed up her meat and spit it back on her plate, I decided it would be a good time for Momma to take a break and go to CVS to pick up my meds.
(I should have asked my doctor to prescribe me happy pills instead of pills to regulate my thyroid. I can deal with a sluggish thyroid. I may possibly need pharmaceutical intervention to handle Splenda during the teenage years.)
I took my sweet time at CVS. Looked over their lovely selection of hair clips, and examined all the options for allergy medicine. I decided my happy pill craving would be satisfied with peanut M&Ms. When I got home, I even sat out in the parking lot eating my M&Ms. I SERIOUSLY needed a break.
Meanwhile, back at the ranch ...
Zesty woke up from a nap in a reasonable mood, and Mr Lemon decided to give him a bath. At the end of the bathing, and from Mr L's account, just about to dry off -- there was a little squat, a little grunt ... yes. You betcha. Mr Lemon leaped into action, tried to get him over the toilet, and the little stinker clenched his bottom and little poops just went everywhere.
I was so sad that I missed the whole thing. I could have used a good laugh.
6 comments:
You gotta love those sit in the car and eat chocolate days, huh? Sometimes that's all a person can do to deal. It is a toss-up which is more therapeutic, though - seeing Zesty shooting little poops or enjoying sole possession of a bag oF M&Ms?! I think it depends on the level of pregnancy and the number of older children in the mix. :)
I'm laughing, but not because you had a bad day. So sorry for that. But I've been in Mr. Lemon's shoes, and all you can do is laugh. Drain the tub, rinse 'em off, and laugh.
Snort!
I've been known to hide in the car and eat chocolate a few times myself! (I'd have to be PRETTY desparate to choose to go shopping, though!)
If it is any consolation, Eva has been doing a great job of saving her nasty diapers for Robbie. Poor dads, they don't get no respect at all!
Oh, Mrs. Lemon, I would think that you have a video camera in my house are are blogging my life (except make those M&M's a box of Hott Tamales). Thanks for sharing the good, the bad and the poopy!
That was hilarious!! Poor Mr. Lemon, but funny none-the-less!!
My husband never seems to get the good messes...I discovered two weeks ago that my darling baby girl can't be put to bed in an aplix dipe, has to be snaps.
I found this out because she left me a present in her bed. It was one of my finer moments.
Post a Comment