And where did I go yesterday? To WalMart. Alone. Well, technically, I was alone with the baby, but he was sleeping. That was sweet of him to nap so Momma can drool over all of the school supplies.
Seriously, I deliberated over planners for a solid twenty minutes.
(And that is pathetic, because my life is balanced around church events, Splenda's visits, doctor's appointments, and Mr Lemon's work schedule. I don't have a career to squeeze in there. All I have to do is keep up with everyone else and keep the clean laundry flowing so we can all attend these things with dignity.)
I even twittered, thinking that if I announced to the world that I was in the grip of temptation, that I might be able to resist and flee.
But the WalMart exclusive Prints Charming collection won out. I bought the planner along with some coordinating flags and post-its. I even dug out my old scrapbooking supplies to find my double-sided photo splits to ca-a-a-arefully position the flags and post-its in the front cover for easy access.
With an RSVP purple pen (Teacher Jaimee!) I inked in the rest of my year's schedule as I know it so far. OH THE AGONY - I wrote my Grandpa's birthday on the wrong day!
I had some productivity as well, I did some baby food comparison shopping today, so I'm gonna write those prices in one of the blank pages to keep handy.
I may tape in an envelope inside the back cover for my most often used coupons. I don't really have a system for coupons.
Although I'm great at creating systems.
It's the follow-up that kills me.
7 comments:
Oh, I love school supplies, too! My trip to WalMart was initially boring since I had a 2nd grade list to follow...so I spiced it up with extra crayons, markers, notebooks and such. (No planners this time, but that's because I got a fabulous pocket calendar at Barnes & Nobles' after Christmas sale...it still makes me happy.)
I feel your pain. School supplies are one of my addictions. Your planner looks marvelous, though!!!
I seem to fit right in with everyone so far, I LOVE SCHOOL SUPPLIES. My husband gets very concerned during school supply season and wants to go with me to Wally and Target, just to keep me in line.
I love the planner. My planner is very dull this year and I am thinking about updating and getting a different one. Yours looks great!! How very organized you are.
I create lots of systems I just don't keep up with them. I should be an organizer for someone else!
You are too funny!!! **BIG GRIN**
I can't believe you could stand the school supply aisle of Wal-Mart for 20 minutes. Ours is a madhouse and if I go back there anytime soon it will be after midnight, alone, and, heaven help me, under the influence of happy pills.
I love new school supplies! Especially all the sales... I just can't seem to resist buying 22 cents Crayolas and 5 cent notebooks!!
Speaking of schedules, I sent you an email...
Oh, and I love school supplies... Staples has crazy prices.. They have some mechanical pencils for .25. That is a huge deal! LOL
Post a Comment