Like you, I am a busy person.
I can handle a little bit of relaxing each day, but if I get carried away and spend all day in my jammies in front of the computer or movies, everyone suffers. The tots run wild, the dishes multiply, I get behind on church work ... it's just not pleasant. I find satisfaction in a job well done, and relaxing without an ordered environment is not refreshing for me.
But I do enjoy blogging. Facebook is fun, when people don't take themselves too seriously. Twitter ... meh. I do it because everyone else is doing it.
I briefly considered deleting my blog altogether, but decided to instead hone my blogging commitment. I'm decluttering, refining, and scheduling time out a few days a week to do it right. If I dropped blogging altogether, I feel like I would lose so much community. I mean, really. Do you make new friends on Facebook from other people's friends? I don't. I connect to those I know. Deleting the potential for new perspective? I can't imagine.
With that in mind, I added a reply button to the comments to encourage reader interaction. I also disabled the anonymous comments, and took out the comment moderation that has been in place for a few years. I decided the crazy trolls are too few and far between to limit and inconvenience the process of commenting for you. So - ATTENTION Jessica, Jodi H, Mr Lemon, and Misty D.! Go forth and get yourself a blogger account so I don't miss out ;)
This post made possible by Netflix, Barney and Friends, and the Kitchen which kept my heathens occupied for more than ten minutes.
3 comments:
Yay! I've found some blogs (not yours) frustrating to comment on lately and have just given up. I may need a tutorial on how to have a reply section. Fun!
@Sarah
If you click on the link in my post for the reply button, it will take you directly to the tutorial. Very simple process.
uh huh, what about Google?
Post a Comment