Friday, July 2, 2010

and I have to read your blogs and facebook on a screen smaller than a post-it

I'm not quite sure how to put a positive spin on the last few days with my 2-year-old. The words that come to mind are more along the lines of chaos. Mayhem. Destruction.

you know what I'm talking about.

In the last 48-72 hours we've cleaned his "helping" yellow paint off of a wall and a window. Before that he found a 10" scraper and was about to "paint" yet another wall like Uncle Adam does.

I chased him away from a tile saw, or whatever that thing is. I've rewrapped the vacuum cleaner cord countless times.

I cleaned up the kitchen table where he mixed his bbq sauce and my Sprite.  I cleaned up the ENTIRE bottle of his shampoo off the toilet, the floor, the tub...

He's had two baths, within 12 hours.

He got mad because I made him stand against the wall for disobeying, and he pushed over a lamp. Of course it was the one with the glass shade, and it broke into a gazillion pieces.

All this and a clingy shrieking teething nursling?

my life is SOOO glamorous

5 comments:

~cjoy said...

Has he been sneaking out to hang out with my two year old? Because really, that sounds SO much like our life.

Sir Nottaguy-Imadad said...

At least he's giving you something to blog about.

MotherT said...

They don't call it the "terrible twos" for nothing, Sweetie! If it's any consolation, Little Miss E is acting the same way.

Roxanna P said...

Wow. Havoc! I don't know who to be praying more for, him or the parents ;)

Jewel said...

Oh my! And this is what I have to look forward to as Jaylon approaches the 2-year mark!? I'll never survive! :-0

Post a Comment