Monday, August 31, 2009

motherly things I'm not afraid to confess

Zesty is afraid of the vacuum cleaner. It used to lull him to sleep, but now it deeply disturbs him.

So I set it in front of the freshly mopped kitchen. He's staying out of the kitchen.

................................................

I avoid giving Zesty his bath. I make Mr Lemon do it. It's just getting too hard for me to get on the floor and bend over the tub anymore. That's my current excuse. I'm not sure what I will think of after the baby is born.

...............................................

Sometimes I put on a Baby Einstein youtube playlist and just sit in the rocking chair and watch the shapes and animals go by ... while Z is napping ...

...............................................

I give Zesty a cracker *almost* every time he asks for one. It's just so cute to hear him say a two syllable word.

...............................................

It's been the shortest 17 months of my life.

2 comments:

Code Yellow Mom said...

awww. this post is funny AND sweet. it does go by so fast...

i don't know what it is about bathing them, but it is also not my favorite activity. to avoid it, i talk up bath-time as special daddy-son time, since i play with them all day long, etc....he he he...

LOVE the vacuum cleaner tactic!

KarenK said...

Maybe you should put the vacuum cleaner in front of the garbage can.

This has been the shortest 9 years of my life. I'm sorry to say that time never slows down.

Post a Comment