Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Pretty sure I'm the last one on earth to know how to do this

Today Momma needed some GROCERIES for breakfast, so we had a late breakfast at Bob Evans.

(Note to Mrs Lemon: late breakfasts are great ... when you are not pregnant. When you are pregnant, Mrs Lemon, you need food as soon as you wake up so you are not ready to eat the menu. That is all.)

Usually Mr Lemon gets his Belgian waffle praise on, and I get the ham and cheese omlette. Today we decided to go halvsies and share both breakfasts.

That was an error I will not repeat. I was so hungry, I could have had two ham and cheese omlettes by myself.

In fact, I actually left the restaurant still hungry, and came home to search YouTube for omlette making tutorials. I have ham, eggs, and cheese - could it really be that difficult?

Judge for yourself.




In retrospect, I think I should have let it cook a little longer before adding the ham and cheese, and maybe should I have added a little milk to the eggs before pouring them in the pan? What are your omlette tips?

And is there an e between the m and the l? Inquiring minds want to know.

4 comments:

Sir Nottaguy-Imadad said...

As the resident omelet (spell check via Funk & Wagnalls)chef of our house, I never,never,never add milk to the eggs. Milky eggs are OK if you are trying to strech scrambled eggs, but in an omelet, you want firm eggs.
I also scramble all the ingredients together before they even hit the pan. An omelet is a dish of eggs, etc. beaten together and cooked in a frying pan (F&W again). Frying the eggs, then adding something to them is so McDonald's. Next time you're up, I'll fix you one that will knock your socks off.

Code Yellow Mom said...

A teeny touch of water fork-whipped into the omelette makes them fluffy yet firm.

And you made me laugh about being so hungry. Ain't that the truth. The only time I am more ravenous is when I am breastfeeding - then no one better get between me and whatever I am trying to put in my maw or it could get ugly. When mama's hungry, nobody's happy. :)

NOBODY said...

Okay, this video is hilarious. First, there is an e between the m and l. You can spell it with an extra t and e at the end, or not. They're both right!

Nextly, my favorite part of the video is from 45 seconds to about 1:03. When you first call out the maid, and then when you just stand there watching the eggs. It made me laugh out loud everytime I watched it. And I'm not ashamed to say I watched that part like 4 times.

"So McDonalds" made me laugh too. For rude! At least now we know though.

Valerie said...

I am not an omelet expert, but I am an eater of omelets. I made my first omelet last week and I have to say that it was yummy, but I probably made it wrong (according to what Sir Nottaguy just explained). My tip=let dad or Bob Evans continue to make them! :o)

Post a Comment