You would think that after doing taxes all day, then attending a birthday party at Kids! Have Your Pizza Party Here! With Large Stuffed Rodents! would wear me out enough to be able to sleep soundly.
You would be wrong.
And HELLO, my ears are still ringing with the sound of arcade games and screaming heathens.
I cannot unwind. Peak tax season is upon me with a fury. Seriously, I didn't use the bathroom from 8:30am until after 3pm. At which time I also took my lunch minute.
Mr Lemon loves the blog, but he's not crazy about social networking sites like Facebook. I had previously told him I wouldn't join anymore social networking sites except for Everyone's Apostolic, and then someone Twittered about Pathwords. I signed up on Facebook purely to play that game, and then? A friend from college invited me to be her friend on Facebook. A friend who could probably call me up and say "Let's go jump off a bridge," and I'd say "Okay! I'll be there in 5 minutes!" And thus, my Facebook addiction was born.
So tonight I showed Mr Lemon what Facebook was all about, and got a wildly enthusiastic response:
" "
Yep. That's just about a direct quote.
Speaking of quotes, I was interviewed recently for another website. I was so excited today to get an email with the link to Gina's post, and to see that she put a screenshot of my blog on there too. It made me glad I changed my blog template and header recently, it looks so chic and fresh.
11 comments:
I am with ya on the social networking overload. I left EA and I'm thinking about leaving FB just because I prefer my blog and MySpace and now that I'm watching the grandbaby, I have even less time for it all, though I do enjoy it! Have a great weekend, Mrs. Lemon! *smile* My husband is right there with yours. *grin*
I will admit, you've hooked me on blogging. But I'm with Mr. Lemon on the social networking sites.
Just so Mr. Lemon knows, I'd never do something so silly as jump off a bridge!! :) Make you laugh until milk comes out your nose. Now that I might have done. TP'd someone's truck with flowered TP. Now that is something I might have had a part in with you!! :) I think it's a guy thing about Facebook - Christopher doesn't get it either. Love ya & hope you get some sleep soon!
Recently just forcefully removed myself from all that you just talked about: Twitter, Ning, writing for other blogs....why? Because they made me crazy. Crazy to be the most popular and most visited. Crazy that if I left my computer for 5 minutes too much happened on Twitter and I couldn't keep up. Crazy having to take time out away from my family to write for all these other blogs. It was nuts. NUTS I tell you! Beware of the lure of internet popularity my friend. :)
However, if you are able to balance it all, have a great time! For me, it was a noose. I do have to say though, that I am still on Facebook because it seems to be the only place on the planet I can keep up with all my relatives and old friends from high school and college. So there I am. Blogging and Facebook. That's it. ;)
I understand about sleep or lack thereof. I am always tired, but sleep doesn't come easy or stay for long.
I take it we won't be friends with Mr. Lemon on FB anytime soon. I understand. Hubs isn't a huge fan either. He is on facebook, but he isn't on there like I am.
No jumping off bridges, ok? I love both of you!
Hmmm... I just invited myself to EA. I did not even know of it's existance.
Oh, I guess I have been "lurking" on this blog long enough...
Time enough for sleep in the grave. That is how I lived when I was active duty. You can do it.
eeew! stuffed animatronic rodents just freak me right out too.
I love your new blog header!
Liz,
My husband is the same way about Facebook and Myspace, it's just confusing to them as to why we would want to keep in touch with people :) As far as the Pizza Place w/ Rodents, my husband is the GM of such a place. On Saturday nights, he comes home and talks VERY LOUD because he can't hear well for like 12 hours. He loves his job and has been there for years, but I would last approximately 12 minutes before I choked the mouse.
Haven't visited Mrs. Lemon for a long time... but had to see what was up... and now that I have read, I must say, I am glad to see you on FB! It is not as much work as a blog and yet you can find out what is going on in everyone's lives, see pics and hang out if you have the time. I tried Twitter and it's much too demanding... and you know what a slacker I am on my blog! So, I have become totally addicted to FB. The only downfall is the chance of being reminded of a person (or event, or both!) that you would just as soon have forgotten! =) Otherwise, it's been fun and I've reconnected with tons of people from my past... glad to see you there and glad to see your blog is better maintained than mine! :0)
That is the funniest reference to the Chuckmeister's Pizza Palace that I've ever read. At our house, we tell the kids that it is SUCH a SPECIAL place that we only go there ONCE IN A BLUE MOON. That keeps them happy about it, and spares us the headache. :)
I also have to say " " about social networking sites. But Bethsmiles' comment made me laugh.
And your blog does look very chic, very fresh. :)
Post a Comment