Monday, July 21, 2008

Little squirts of lemon today

Mr Lemon installed batteries in the exersaucer last night. Sounds like a little job, and I probably could have done it myself, but we were under the impression that it took C batteries. Since we didn't have any until yesterday, I was quite content to say "MOOOO" with my own voice.

And if the job requires the use of a tool, my husband likes to be the one to do it. Makes him feel all manly and stuff.

Until we found out that it only took AA batteries, which we have several around the house. That was humbling.

The funny part was when I looked over and saw him with a grimace on his face, arm twisted behind his back with the screwdriver.

"Changing your own batteries?"

"If only it were that easy."

....................................................................

I realized I missed a question. Karen asks, "Shut up! When did that child grow?! "

I think everyday he looks bigger than the day before. He wore me out wiggling on my lap Sunday night at church. This was because he was just too excited to take a proper nap, so he was overtired. I stayed an extra 15 minutes past everyone else leaving the church so I could rock him in the dark. That paid off huge dividends, as he slept soundly all the way home, kept sleeping while I undressed him and laid him in the crib. And slept all the way until 6am. THANKYOUJESUS.

Zesty is going to be my crib escape artist, I can see this already. I found him yesterday with his arm hanging out of the crib. Twice. Where is my little baby that had to be swaddled so tightly to sleep? Gone. He sprawls across the crib like a toddler, and wiggles all over the place.

Monday night we went to the nursing home that we visit every couple of weeks, and took him with us. He sat so good on my lap like a little man while Mr Lemon was preaching, it was so sweet. And he smiles and flirts his big blue eyes at all the old ladies, they just eat that right up.

Currently praying for his future wife. He is such a little flirt, I know he's going to break hearts right and left at church camp. But I've already instructed him to finish college first, and wait for the right one. Don't be messin' with the floozies, ya heard?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey thanks for the invite over! What a cute little site! I will have to ask a question later. But I can't believe he is ready for the exersaucer!!!

Sarah said...

Many a boy broke my heart at church camp!

To think those boys started off all cute and sweet like Zesty!

Roxanna P said...

No floosies! Haha Loved that part... just wanted to comment and let you know... I am reading! ;)

MotherT said...

Little Zesty can charm the socks right off this Nana just by being in the same room with her. I don't care if he's smiling, flirting,eating, or just laying around!!! Can you tell I'm a little homesick to see you all???

Anonymous said...

WE know all the floozies are at church camp right?.... NO NO NO dating at church camp (or any other camp for that matter) and forget dating at bible college for little MR. Zesty.. Liz.. He is absolutely charming.. Love the little tie he had on in the picture in the first post at this site..
Jodi

Anonymous said...

For shame...calling girls at camp floozies! lol
And did Mr. Lemon ever get his batteries changed?
~DA

Post a Comment