Oh, there is just no easy way to say this. I just gotta say that if (hypothetically speaking) you are going to go on a sanitizing rampage and boil all of your baby's paci's, bottle nipples, caps, and your pump parts, that you should consider doing so in the middle of the day.
With the daylight and all.
Because Target is closed after 10pm. And apparently they are the sole provider of emergency pump part supplies in this area.
So when your pump part develops a crack in it IN THE NEAR MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT there is nothing left to do except
Oh, I know. There's the good ol' fashioned method of removing milk without using the pump and said cracked pump part. But the baby is already asleep, and it's been several hours.
It takes a long time to do that without the vacuum action that a baby or a pump provides.
And I should have taken a Tylenol or five first.
Hypothetically speaking.
At least I found out that Target has much cuter el cheapo bottles than WalMart. There is always a silver lining.
7 comments:
Oh.. I have to say that sounds like a painful lesson to have learned. Sorry for you... Hope all is better today...
Jodi
Uh oh!! Painful problem. At least you found a silver lining. I love Target.
WAAAAAAY TMI
Sorry you had to learn that lesson the hard way!!
Donnie, give it up!! You are a RN AND a dad x 3!!
Goodness... can I just learn from this lesson?
The fact that you found a silver lining, though, speaks loud... Target is wonderful! :)
I'm gonna hit ya with TMI here, but when I had my first baby and I was super engorged a couple days later, I got out my brand spankin' new Avent breast pump out of desperation to relieve the horrible pain and pressure. It was factory sealed, and when I opened it I was horrified to find there was NO HANDLE. Luckily my awesome mom was over and she ran to Target to exchange the whole thing for me, but my husband wrote a blistering letter to Avent anyway. They sent me a pump handle! Not that my daughter ever took a bottle anyway...all that pumping for nothing...
I'll post without including my name, for this may TRULY be TMI.
You could always just release some of the..."pressure" into the toilet. Works when you are somewhere and can't pump or feed but are about to explode.
Post a Comment