*sigh*
Tax season is incredibly adrenaline-driven if you are a tax preparer. I'm hustling to do as many returns as possible early in the season so that when I'm great with child, I can relax if it is not so busy.
Can I make a public service announcement? Pleeeese? Thank you. I didn't even have to whine.
If you have a simple tax return with no dependents, just w2's and that's it, would you save yourself $75 (at least) and just do them yourself? All these suckers - I mean people - coming in to Block, thinking their return is so complicated, and it is just not that hard.
And then they want their tax prep fees paid out of their return because they don't have the $75. That being interpreted means they are paying BANK FEES on top of their $75 when it was a 10 minute job.
H & R could stand for Highway Robbery if it didn't stand for Henry and Richard.
It is really rewarding though when I have clients from last year who remember me. One sweetheart of a lady even gave me a hug when she left and told me to take care of my baby.
Yes ma'am, I will. Come back next year and you will get to see a baby picture. That will be $75, please.
And now for your YouTube viewing pleasure ...
No comments:
Post a Comment