We went to class today to learn how to give birth.
I went expecting to have some funny story about a weirdo couple or two, some snickering at the nurse giving the class, and other snarkiness.
But apparently I'm pregnant too, and my hormones are out of whack.
We were in there about 5 minutes into class, and a video started about breastfeeding. I got scared and overwhelmed all at the same time, thought about running out of the room, and then I realized that this thing I've been waiting so long for, motherhood, is here.
I bawled my eyes out. 5 minutes into class.
Periodically through out the day, I'd find myself wiping the runaway tears from my eyes. Somehow I managed to pull myself together by lunchtime. Thank God, because they brought food.
After lunch we took a tour of the birth center and got to see a preemie who was born at 32 weeks! two weeks ago! He was so tiny, and so sweet. The nurse waved his little arm at us through the window of the nursery, and he was kicking his leg. What a darling. We realized that most of the mothers in our group were all about 32-34 weeks, and realized THIS real live baby was the same size as the ones we are carrying right now.
The best part of the whole day was when we got on the floor. Remember when I was nervous about flashing the class?
Well, no one was paying any attention to me. Because this was the part where she turned off the lights, played some soft music, and gave the dads/support people instructions in massaging! the mommas! I was laying there getting THE BEST MASSAGE EVER, and I started crying again. Can you believe this? I was just so overcome with thankfulness that Mr Lemon was so willing to start a new family with me, and willing to put up with the stuff that goes with pregnancy.
It was a very emotional experience, I am so glad we went. I am totally exhausted, but it was totally worth it.
No comments:
Post a Comment