Several years ago Dad bought me a free Good Housekeeping subscription (a magazine! an actual paper and ink printed magazine!) with his Coke rewards points.
A few months ago I got a letter offering me a Family Circle subscription at the low low price of two years for something pretty cheap, so I wrote a check and mailed it in.
Do you know, I really don't like Family Circle? The font. It drives me crazy. The layout. I can't tell if it's an article or an advertisement. I had a bit of a panic this morning checking the mail, seeing a folded magazine in there, and HOPING JUST HOPING it was GH not FC.
..............................................................................
Last week on the way to my appointment I got rear-ended. I'm quite sure the insurance company was shocked to see that my car was in front this time. No one was hurt, but as it turns out Kelsey knew the other driver's son from school. I don't want to share the details, but despite the sad story of the other driver's son, I was a little tickled when I realized I live in a little town that is kinda big, but we have now made it our hometown.
I'm fine, by the way. I had to bring the other driver back from the ledge, she had never had an accident in her life and was completely freaking out. Unfortunately I'm a bit experienced in that area.
...............................................................................
My neighbor's husband grows tomatoes and peppers in their backyard. I've been the grateful recipient of their yard o'plenty. Together with some other extra tomatoes from churchgoers, I have blanched and frozen about 10 pounds of tomatoes in the last ten days. Right now they are defrosting and cooking down in my crock pots. I also chopped up some green peppers, a yellow pepper, some carrots, onions, and 6 cloves of garlic. Chris went to the store for me Saturday morning and when he examined my list was like, "What in the chicken is a bay leaf and where do I find it?"
I sure hope this tomato sauce ends up tasting good. Oh, and I need to borrow a food processor or a blender from someone. Like, today. I suppose I could put my neglected smoothie maker to work.
...............................................................................
Yes indeedy, I'm at 15 weeks and popping out like a little cantaloupe. What a relief to not have to suck in a bit since I thought I was showing too early and needed to hold it in lest someone think I was TRYING TOO HARD to wear maternity clothes.
Of course it is my 3rd pregnancy in 4 years and chances are pretty good that I have no muscle control left in my abdomen. Let alone my bladder.
2 comments:
This post makes me smile. :o)
Baby bump pics soon??? ;)
Love the last part. Well, love all of it but I only have one kid and the bladder flew south for the winter. God bless you though for bravely going where few women dare to go.....
Post a Comment