Tuesday, August 9, 2011

My darling almost didn't happen baby

I went to my first OB appointment this afternoon.  I am happy to report that I am 14 1/2 weeks along, not 9 weeks like I had counted.

I was shocked, and then laughed, because that explains the entire month of May for me. It also explains why I have had such a hard time finding a skirt that fits right.  I thought I was just gaining back all the weight I lost.  


Do you see the little smile? What a darling.  When the doctor showed the ultrasound on the screen, I audibly gasped. I had the same ultrasound with each of the toddlers at the same gestational age, and had only recognized the heart beating, but this - this time - it was a little person.  He/She was moving their precious arms and legs around, doing a flip, and generally being a baby in the womb.  I could see a little pot belly sticking out.  It is not a bean or a peanut. This is my baby, either Gabriel or Reagan Elizabeth.   

I haven't stopped smiling since 2:30 this afternoon.  

My new due date is February 5th, which delightfully is right in the middle of bad weather.  I will need to be good and stocked up on groceries because I won't be going anywhere for awhile once the baby is born.  

Since I've effectively shaved 5 weeks off my pregnancy, I made my next appointment later than necessary so that the next time I go in I will have the gender ultrasound.  

I adjusted my due date in my Babycenter.com profile, and laughed out loud when it proclaimed "Your baby's stretching out. From head to bottom, he measures 3 1/2 inches — about the size of a lemon — and he weighs 1 1/2 ounces. "

Of course. It is a Lemon baby.

7 comments:

erin said...

We are due almost a week apart! I'm due January 26th, so we will definitely have newborns together. :)

Love the ultrasound pic; too precious.

Unknown said...

Congratulations! Our newest addition is just 5 weeks old! I completely understand the skirt not fitting thing! That's how I knew something was up before I actually knew I was pregnant. Our sweet Rowan threw up a peace sign in her ultrasound! Love, love, love the names!

K @ Aurora Blythe said...

Congratulations! So happy for you!!! =) Looking forward to the gender ultra sound. Like both of your names!

Heidi Schulz said...

Congratulations - and what an awesome surprise!

Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

Wow that is wonderful! Noah was a February baby and it's a perfect time for a baby.

Steph

Valerie said...

I love this post!!! Precious!

Marianne said...

I am totally a month late, but congratulations!! And also, God bless.

Post a Comment