I'll just go ahead and beat my friend John to the punch and admit freely that I once thought that Mt Rushmore was a naturally occurring event, and that Chicago was somewhere in northern Ohio.
Hey. Old Man's Cave has stone furniture. Why couldn't Mt Rushmore have faces?
And Chicago - there's already Cleveland, Columbus, and Cincinnati. It seemed only right to have Chicago too in the land of the free and the home of the Braves.
But I do believe the current generation of teens have me beat by a long shot.
Splenda's newest BFF ~P~ is a bit of a pill. As in I like her in small doses. By herself, she's a delight, and Splenda by herself is starting to be a lot of fun to be around.
But if you put the two together, Japan's nuclear crisis could be resolved in a matter of minutes.
{Did my current events reference do anything to reinstate my status as brilliant and intelligent?}
Yesterday they had plans to come eat at the house for a minute, change clothes, and then Sis Pastor's Wife/Mawmaw was taking them for the afternoon along with Zesty and two other toddlers. Aunt Mamie took Pinky home with her. So basically, Mawmaw was in for quite the active afternoon, while I soaked in a hot bath with bonbons and my trashy magazines.
{I kid. There was no hot bath or trashy magazines. There were chocolate chip cookies and Frugal Friday to pin. And I got to actually curl my hair just in time for it to wilt completely in the special brand of humidity we experience here in the Southern Ohio Valley in the spring.}
On the way home, ~P~ and Splenda were discussing their version of politics. Something about ~P~ running for president, and making the Oval Office heart-shaped, and pink, and lots of fluffy pillows.
Splenda announced, "When I become President, I'm going to make everyone be Apostolic."
~P~ scoffed, "You can't do that, it's against the constitution."
Splenda rebutted cheerfully, "Well, then, I'll throw the Constitution away!"
~P~ said, exasperated, "You can't throw out the Constitution, Splenda!" Mr Lemon and I agreed, and she continued,
"Besides, they have copies."
Case closed.
No comments:
Post a Comment