Friday, April 8, 2011

For those readers still out there, all four of you, hi!

I turned around and my baby grew up.  That will teach me to stop turning around.

I've had next to no computer time, and that's not been a bad thing.

We have been preparing for a series of weekend revival services (beginning tonight) by helping renovate and repair the adjoining property which our church purchased. We (and by we I mean various members of our church with way more skill than myself) tore down a fence, the garage, excavated and filled in the stinkhole that used to be a swimming pool, and laid gravel over all of the property all the way up to the house.  We hope to level and pave the whole parking lot within a year or so.

Then there's the house ... It was formerly the parsonage, then the previous church sold it.  That owner abandoned the house, and it sat in neglect for years. The bank ended up accepting our lowball offer of $40,000. They had previously rejected another neighbor's offer of $110,000, so it was quite a blessing.

The men experienced in remodeling and construction have totally turned it around.  It's a one level, 4 bedroom, 2 bath home. The one redeeming quality in the house to me is the hardwood floor in the dining room. It's like the series of former owners took care of that one floor and forgot about everything else.

We originally planned to split the house for half evangelists quarters, half additional Sunday School space.  But it's since been decided to put it on the market for rental.  First we have this weekend revival to test it out :) the evangelist and his large family/singing group are staying in the home, which is very convenient for them to be close to our facility for meals and services.

Anyway, Mr. Lemon and I have been there most of the week helping tie up loose ends cleaning, decorating, etc, along with the various painting projects I already have going at home.

So yesterday I took some time out to play with the babies {I mean whirling dirvishes} and snap a few pictures to update the blog.  I'm posting from my phone while my husband is getting his haircut, Zesty eating all the candy in he barbershop, and Pinky sleeps in the carseat, so I have no idea where the placement of the pictures will be.

Pinky climbed up the ladder and went down the slide like she's been doing it all her life :) I'm so proud she's not being prissy.


No comments:

Post a Comment