Wednesday, February 23, 2011

The Stages of Grief

Oh bother.  I think my laptop is really dying now.

I just skipped right to Stage 5.  I'm a busy lady.

Acceptance
It is 5 years old, and has undergone extensive surgery and restoration, with much thanks to JEFF RANDALL, Computer Expert Restore Back-Up And Any Other Keyword I Can Think Of To Increase Internetty Attention To This Awesome Friend And Brilliant Computer Person.

When he fixed it this summer, I backed up all my important data to two other hard drives, so nothing will be lost. Except for my independence.  We've really enjoyed the last two months of each interweb user having their own computer should we all actually be home at the same time.

Mr Lemon and I have tossed around the idea of a new laptop for me, which of course I would love.  But I think I have a better idea.

Yes ma'am I do.

I've seen the iPad, and the Samsung Galaxy in action, and they are pretty awesome.  But even more awesomized would be a device that my Palm Pre can connect to - the HP TouchPad.  You can access Kindle books, make video calls, and change the rotation of the Earth's axis.

Just kidding on that last one.

I currently have the Palm Pre Plus, but PP2 is available now and maybe the PP3 will be available by my early upgrade date this July.

I used to snub my nose at smartphone users, but really - I use my phone all the time.  The Google synced calendar has changed my life.  I have a piano app which has helped me quickly determine what key a song is in when I hear it on YouTube - which is also a pre-installed app on my phone.

Hopefully it is just a matter of the laptop sitting on my blanketed lap too long and needs a cool-down, but I think I could cope with the loss if I have the promise of a TouchPad to look forward to :)

No comments:

Post a Comment