Just a few more weary weeks and then, we'll drive away (in a U-Haul)
::groan::
That was lame even for me ...
We've been busy packing and weeding out stuff. I decided if I haven't worn an article of clothing in the last year, it's not getting packed. I've also packed up all our books, unused dishes, and about half of the kids' toys. I still feel like I haven't really made a dent, but I know from experience that my early effort will pay off on moving day. The last two times we've moved, I've been pregnant and not able to do a whole lot besides boss the movers around, so I'm excited to be more involved this time. And all the movers said thankyaJesus for Mrs Lemon having a job to do besides boss everyone around. Amen.
I stumbled across a blog carnival of sorts while researching different ideas to decorate our new home. If you have some spare time, you really ought to check out Poppies At Play: Parade Of Homes to see twenty bee-YOO-tee-ful homes. Many different decorating styles, from shabby chic to modern, funky to zen - I loved it! Lucky for me I had plenty of spare time Saturday night while Mr Lemon was preparing to preach. He was busy on one computer, and I sat in the recliner happily bouncing from one blog to the next on the laptop.
I have plans to copy this curtain style with this fabric to match the comforter Nana made her babiest girlie. My cherished apple cookie jar will become her piggy bank. It's so funny because I know my Grandma did not pay more than a dollar for it at a yard sale, but we often see the identical cookie jar in antique stores priced at $70 or higher.
My original plan for Zesty's room was to do Veggie Tales, but Zesty wants his "buddies," or being interpreted, Toy Story.
I. do not. like. character. bedrooms.
They just seem so ... off the shelf and common. Veggie Tales was my offer in compromise to the fact that he is a little boy, not a magazine showroom, but when I saw THIS Toy Story themed bedroom, I was sold. I still want to get Toy Story sheets for his big boy bed, but I'm loving the solid colored blanket and slightly cowboy theme. I still haven't come to a curtain decision yet, but that can wait until I have his bedding completed.
I really want a braided rug for each of their bedrooms, just a homey little touch.
We've found a furniture store close by that does free layaway, and found a delightful addition to our family room - a corner booth table! We're planning to order two additional parson's chairs. This is exactly what we wanted for the downstairs, so that there will be additional eating area for parties, but also space for the kids to spread out board games, art projects, etc.
Splenda is going to have a tween zebra and purple paradise in her bedroom. I'm excited about it, it will be fun for her to have a nice little retreat from all of the toddler toys.
A local school donated two incredible copiers to our church, and is also donating three pianos - I GET ONE!! I am so pumped about that. I sold my keyboard last year to a young man at church so I could have extra money to buy a changing table, and my piano practice was already below poverty level. We're going to try to keep the upstairs living room as a prayer room/quiet study since there is plenty of space in the basement for everyone to spread out.
I am so excited to get to share pictures of our Blessing House with you when we are settled.
3 comments:
Hang in there with the moving....you know I feel your pain with SO MUCH to do. It never seems to end. Doesn't end on the UNpacking side, either, I'm finding. ;D
Lovely, fun ideas for decorating your new house. Hope it all comes together beautifully for you.
And I can't wait to see pictures of your Blessing House when y'all move!!!
Have fun:)
Mandie
I am in LOVE with that table. SO CUTE!
We've been shopping for new baby bedding... and I just don't know what to get. this is one of the MANY times I wish I could sew, because everything seems so canned and ordinary. Not that we're neither of those things, I just don't feel like they are us.
I can't wait to see what you guys do with your new home!
Post a Comment