Tuesday, August 31, 2010

A confession: good for the soul, bad for the reputation

Dear Friend,

Do you remember about 10 years ago when I helped you move? I picked up that box of dirty dishes that you decided to wait and wash in your new apartment's dishwasher.

I want you to know, I judged you for that.

And do you remember about a year and a half later when you moved again? I spent an hour or so scrubbing your kitchen table and chairs.  I judged you for that too.

You should know, it is ALL COMING BACK TO HAUNT ME.

I am scrubbing like mad around here so that when people help me move next week, I won't be mortified at the condition in which I didn't realize we were living.

I completely de-grimed my own kitchen table and chairs today, and decided that Unidentifiable Goo could be an alternative fuel if we would only join forces and market the stuff.

Seriously, what was that stuff on the legs of the chairs?

I will be making sure all my dishes are clean before we move, but it's only because I have learned from your mistakes.  And also it is a brilliant ploy to ensure I won't have to cook for a couple of days if I "pack" all my pots, pans, and dishes.

I love ya dearly, and please forgive me for that haughty spirit I displayed.  I was so, so wrong to think it could never happen to me.

Keeping it real,
Mrs Lemon

2 comments:

K said...

Yeah...

Try getting sick while you have a WEEK to move and having your mom and grandmother come and help you move...and clean that freezer you never got around to cleaning...and your oven...I kept muttering things like, "I clean! Really! I promise..."

I have a long list of things to deep clean on a monthly basis now, regardless...

~cjoy said...

hahaha....I had a friend doing my last load of dishes by hand the day before we moved. And I was sorely tempted to box them up and load them into the dishwasher at the new house - which is where my dishwasher was already living. ;D Hang in there....this will eventually be over.

Post a Comment