Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Toilet Training (Subtitled: We CAN do it) ::snicker::

Day 1: Toilet Training

(Well, let's back up here.)


Day Before Day 1. Zesty woke up completely naked and with different toys in his crib. We're not sure if he got out, got naked, grabbed a toy, and climbed back in, or if Toy Story is real.

I put a pair of Grover underoos on him, and that lasted about ten minutes. But. It was a start. They were dry when he asked for his diaper back.

Day 1: Toilet Training

9:15 AM: He woke up clothed, and then quickly fixed that problem once we got downstairs for breakfast. I ran for the Cookie Monster underoos this time. Cookie is a fan favorite around here.

So far we are sitting on the potty, but not actually depositing anything.

10:45 AM: An accident. He realized immediately that something happened, so I cleaned him and my desk chair up, and now he has Buzz Lightyear undies.

12:29 PM: Zesty had been on the potty for like, 15 minutes. Off. on. off. on. Then he went to play and ... accident. I cleaned him and my window sill, and put a diaper on him.

12:29:30 PM: Zesty threw away his diaper and wanted underwear. It's a good thing one of the Nanas saw this day coming and bought him a pack o' plenty of underwear for his birthday.

12:32 PM: An accident. It's nap time - I'm exhausted. I put a diaper back on him, and Elmo undies over top.


2 comments:

Sir Nottaguy-Imadad said...

When David was in training, Bob the Builder was his favorite. We would remind him to make sure that he didn't pee on Bob. It worked pretty good.

MotherT said...

Sometimes potty training more nearly resembles parent time training. You were my easy one--Sica, not so much. DR was pretty easy for a boy. It remains to be seen what happens with the rest.

Post a Comment