Mom and Sica came down today for a visit. I'm not sure I can put into words how great it is for Zesty and Eva to play together. They just ... play. Fight a little, but not enough to actually call it a fight when they both just want to be in the same chair at the same time. They share toys with each other, and with Pinky, and generally make the house a very happy place to be.
Sica and I exchanged more clothes and hairbows for the girls, and she went through my shoes as only a sister can do. Lucky for her I had a couple of pairs to spare her. Maybe she could spare me a cute shirt the next time I visit her, since her feet are bigger than mine.
Since Grandma has made her home in a nursing facility, there are tons of household goods languishing in Mom's basement. Dad boxed up some for me, and I am happy to report that I am now the proud owner of a meat fork, several serving spoons, more baking sheets, and Grandma's metal mixing bowls.
Getting those mixing bowls almost makes up for when Sica convinced Grandma to give the Geometric HotSticks to her back in the mid-90's. Those were promised to me! :) I made many the batch of brownies in those mixing bowls over my childhood, and I'm so pleased to get to keep them now.
3 comments:
Glad for your new found treasure:)
Mr.Lemon
You're pleased to get the stuff, and your momma is pleased to remove it from the basement.Plus, your Grandma told us that if the granddaughters wanted any of that stuff, they could have it. Now everyone is happy.
It's good to hear that the cousins get alonfg so well.
It was so good to get to see at least three of the Lemons! Hopefully, we'll get schedules right one of these days to get to see all five of you at once!
I'm glad you are enjoying having some of your grandmother's stuff. I know I am ENJOYING knowing that some stuff has left the basement!
Post a Comment