Wednesday, November 4, 2009

To revive my dying blog

This time change has Zesty all messed up. Yesterday he took about an hour nap before lunch, but then went back to sleep at 5:15. He woke up briefly at 6:30, but he was so sweet, I just had to cuddle him. The cuddling was effective, Mr Lemon even changed his diaper before we went to bed (that would be Zesty's diaper, not Mr Lemon's diaper), and he just rolled over and stayed asleep. Until 5:30 this morning!

At his 18 month appointment ... a month ago ... I know, I am woefully behind on the posting of developmental things he does such as GROW LIKE A WEED... his pediatrician showed him the sign for "more." Ever since, he asks for a snack by doing that sign and saying " 'Nack? 'Nack?" It is the cutest thing, and I just can't refuse him a 'nack when he asks for it. Here's a posed video of it ... he was already eating his fruit 'nacks. Which, thanks to my sister in law the Brainiac, I now know that a package of fruit 'nacks is 13 grams of sugar. She took sugar packets and poured them out on her scientific scale and found that a single sugar packet is 2.7 grams of sugar. So every pack of fruit 'nacks is almost 5 sugar packets. WOW. That is a lot of sugar. Not so much with the fruit.




Mr Lemon is upstairs putting together Sprite's crib. We're being sensible this time around and going with used/borrowed baby gear. We scored a changing table on Craigslist for $25, borrowing the crib and a bassinet from said brainiac sister in law. We also begged a rocking chair from his grandma for the babies room. When Zesty was going into a high chair, we went with a booster seat to save space. This kitchen has space aplenty, so we'll be on the lookout for a regular high chair on Craigslist when the time comes, since Z will still be in his booster seat.

And I have no clever way to end this post except to say that there is still no baby, and the doctor said if I haven't had her by my Monday appointment that we would discuss an induction. I know I'm just being impatient because I'd already had Zesty at 39 weeks, but still. I don't know if I will make it until Monday. My belly cannot possibly stretch any further.

1 comment:

Valerie said...

I love it when they sign, it's so sweet!! Come on baby Sprite, come on!

Post a Comment