Sunday, October 4, 2009

Thank God it's not Friday anymore

Friday night my parents drove down. We shipped the kids off to bed before they got here so we could have some actual uninterrupted adult conversation. Which was all fine and good ... but then Zesty woke up when they left at 11. And he did not go back to sleep until 2:30. It was rough. By the time I got him back to sleep I was bawling my eyes out.

It's only the mercies of God on my family that I was good company on Saturday. At least I was good company ... until about 7:00 at night. That's when Zesty and I simultaneously became too grouchy to live with.

I went to bed at 8.

Wanna know what happens when Mrs Lemon gets a good night's sleep?

I had a great idea how to make matching ruffly socks and hairbows for my almost-here little girl. Now I'm physically restraining myself from going to Joann's and buying every spool of ribbon they have.

Loving the fall weather. LOVING.IT. It's cool and breezy, but not quite cold enough for Zesty to wear this:


Mr Lemon spotted the coat at one children's used clothes store, Old Navy 3T for $5. I found the hat at yet another children's used clothes store for $3.50. Dad says it looks like a sock monkey. I'd love to find him some matching mittens, and then put them on him and go roll him around in the snow.

And check out these squeezy squeezy cheeks. I can't get enough of them.


("The flash is a little bright, Momma. Try again.")

"Ha ha. The trash is more interesting. SUCKAH."

3 comments:

MotherT said...

Believe me, Zesty's little grouchy fit wasn't as bad as Grouchy Momma made it out to be! It was so much fun getting to spend time with all of the sleepy Lemons!

Valerie said...

Bows, ribbons and fluffy. . .OH MY! It's good that you got to see you family, even with the sleepy and the little grouchy fits.

Code Yellow Mom said...

um, some ruffly socks and hair accessories, please? tell me how, tell me how!

P.S. Reading your blog at 6 a.m., been awake since 4:30 a.m...the infant is loving it:) I WILL be taking a nap today or the whole family is going to see a whole lot of ugly!

Post a Comment