For want of a nail the shoe was lost.I'd like to dedicate that poem to the metal strip holding down my carpet in front of my door.
For want of a shoe the horse was lost.
For want of a horse the rider was lost.
For want of a rider the battle was lost.
For want of a battle the kingdom was lost.
And all for the want of a horseshoe nail.
Wednesday I tripped. Surprise, surprise. I stubbed my right big toe on said metal strip, and sliced it open. It was a clean slice, like a skilled surgeon, but when it's on your toe, it's painful.
To protect my toe, I wore tennis shoes all day Thursday. I rarely wear tennis shoes, so this particular pair is old and decrepit. I must say though, I looked very sporty and cute with my sister's maternity top and a jean skirt.
Friday morning I woke up to a very tender Achilles tendon in my right foot. I favored my foot all day, and around early afternoon o' clock I realized my back was starting to hurt. By bedtime, I took Tylenol and hoped some rest would help.
Well. It's Sunday afternoon, and I can barely move. It hurts to walk, sit, stand, lay, you name it, it hurts to do it. I can't bend over and pick up Zesty, or pick up anything. I even skipped Sunday School this morning to lay in bed an extra two hours to be able to make it through morning worship. And except for giving birth, I can count on one hand the number of services I've missed because of illness in the last 10 years.
Y'all just remember MawMaw and her heating pad in prayer today.
3 comments:
Sounds like maybe you need to make an appointment with your friendly chiropractor to me. Hopefully, you will start feeling a little more limber tomorrow. ((HUGS))
Ooh, have you seen the movie "Camp"? They do an awesome performance piece based on that proverb at the very end. Excellent, just excellent. Anyhoo, so sorry about your toe et.al. Hope you are on the mend soon!
Ouch! Ouch! and Yeeouch! I'm sorry. I'm firmly convinced that the most bothersome hurts are feet and teeth - they seem so small, but everything goes bad if they are hurting! Hope you are on the mend soon!
Post a Comment