I wonder if it has anything to do with carrying my son around all day because he is PERMANENTLY ATTACHED. You could describe it as hipbabyinflammitis.
Dear Lord, I hope this tooth comes in soon. Because of all of the clinging. The clinging, it is getting old.
Seriously, though, I've spent the waning hours of the last few evenings in the recliner with my feet up and the heating pad. Get me my crocheting and call me Mawmaw, because that's what I feel like.
Tonight some of my friends from my hometown stopped by on their way through to Sunny Florida. I fed them chicken 'n' dumplins and sweet tea, as southern tradition would have it, and had a blast watching their kids wear Zesty out playing.
After they left I
Stealth escaped at the door, and Klutz moved in when I banged the legs of the chair right into his crib, moved it out from the wall, and generally made enough noise to wake the dead.
Zesty leaped up out of his sleep onto his knees, and then crashed right back down onto his face on the bed. Timber! He was still sound asleep. His eyes never opened.
Why does all of that noise not bother him, but he will cough and wake himself up?
And where did I put my bengay?
4 comments:
It sounds like the sleep habits of two precious children who used to grace our home. Once they were asleep, they didn't like to wake up. Hmmm, I wonder if you know them?
Glad you had a good visit with the D's! Zesty sleeps like his Aunt! I have it on the good authority of my memory, that ONLY really bad dreams would wake her from a dead sleep. No noises, nothing crashing (not even a tree falling across the corner of our house!), not even light.
Hope your back gets better. OR that you get better at putting Z down.
The clingy's are getting old. I understand the clingy and the back pain. I hope Z's tooth comes in soon and that your back gets better. Sleeping through the noise is a blessing. Especially if mama's gonna move furniture around while he's sleeping. :)
1. Children's Benedryl
2. Tiger Balm
3. Old fashioned double bell alarm clock
4. Martial arts, to counter the effects of klutzitis
Post a Comment