a) handled raw chicken without gagging
b) prepped an onion and a red bell pepper for dinner
c) bought SPICES - not just seasoning envelopes
d) learned to cook a dish from the interweb
Okay, in all fairness, in passing I saw the Rachael Ray show Monday and the food looked so good I googled it. There is a video on her website that showed me how to do it, and I hied my way hence to WalMart to buy some groceries.
You have got to take 6 minutes and 17 seconds of your busy busy day to watch that video. Seriously.
I used cilantro instead of dill mainly because I couldn't find dill at WalMart, but hey, who's gonna know the difference? I don't know what dill tastes like without a pickle, and cilantro is more likely to be used again in my regular cooking than dill. Also, I garnished with chives instead of chopped gherkins.
Mr Lemon and I are not onion and pepper fans, but we put on our big kid panties and ate them. I diced the onions small enough that they nearly disappeared in the sauce.
Because I pre-cut the chicken, onion, and pepper earlier today, it was 40 minutes start to finish.
OH.MY.WORD. This dish is so awesome. It was filling and tasty, with so many different flavors. I served it with corn on the cob, but really that was just my need to see a vegetable on the table.
And here is the finished product. There's plenty to go around, have a bite.
9 comments:
I must say,without a doubt,that it was AWESOME as previously described by Mrs. Lemon. She totally rocked the kitchen tonight. Love me some Mrs. Lemon.
Mr.Lemon
And the crowd says "Ooooohhhh" "Aaaahhhh". Looks good, and if your hubby was happy, you done good.
It certainly looks yummy!
I'm impressed!
And why are you on Orangette?
What? is this an intervention? I don't have an Orangette problem!
I didn't even know what Orangette was until this afternoon. I thought it was some kind of drug. Nobody said "Hey Dad, it's like the cheap orange pop you used to buy us when we were kids".
Got any leftovers?
Mrs. Nurse Boy
not anymore ...
Mmmmmm! looks good enough to over-eat!
Post a Comment