Zesty is well on his way to winning the prize for Most Likely To Know ER Nurses By Name.
He's doing stairs. He's getting plastic containers out of cabinets. He's head-diving off couches and beds. He's swinging from the office chair. He found our WalMart bag o' crayons/colored pencils/markers. (I have since organized them into containers to keep out of his reach.)
He discovered electrical outlets on the wall today. He stuck his finger in a fan. And ... shame on me for not being proactive ... he emptied out my cleaning supplies from under the kitchen sink and was chewing on trash bags.
And it's only 1:16pm EST.
Oy.
I have strep throat, but the doctor doesn't believe me over the phone, so I have to go in and say AAAAA.
I nearly cried when he said that.
And on to the second half of my day...
11 comments:
I can SOOOOOOOOOO sympathize!!!! I ran across your blog on another friend's blog one day a few months ago and have been a faithful reader ever since ... just haven't had the gumption to post my thoughts for the world to see :0 until today!!! We have a 4 1/2 year old, a twenty month old and a 6 month old and SOME days are just like that .. they seem to find the MOST interesting things to get into (the trash, the toilet paper, the cabinet with their 5yr old half brother's tiny Lego thingys, my desk that is piled to kingdom come,etc.-anything but an age appropriate TOY!!!) when you feel the worst!!! If it makes you feel any better I absolutely LOVE your blog - I laugh and cry at some of the things you talk about.. torment my husband with the stories about Mr.L working all day and then still sometimes coming home and cooking dinner :) Laughed until I cried over the McDonald's in the bushes story!!! Anyways... on those LOOONNGGGGG days I try to remember the words of our favorite comedian who says his favorite verse in the Bible is "and it came to pass..."
BeckettBunchMomma
Once they have learned to open cabinet doors, NOTHING!!!! is safe! Do you need some of those outlet protectors??? I believe we have some, or can get some. (If you can keep him from electrocution until we get down there the 28th.)
Sorry that you are sick. I'm so thankful for my dear Dr. and staff--they know that I'm pretty sick if I call them with a diagnosis.
Well, I previously stated that I was having a day that would make Mother Teresa want to punch a baby, but I think yours wins.
Sad day.
So sorry you're sick! Your little zesty has become a search and destroy missile, aww,I remember that stage well.
Good luck with the say ahhh, for your Doctor. That has to be the worst test ever.
I hope you feel better soon! Having strep and chasing a little one is so hard!
Update: my doctor says nix on the strep throat, but I have a severe sinus infection, bad cold, and wants me to see a specialist for my ear that went wonky this summer. I still feel horrible, and am staying home from church tonight. That never N.E.V.E.R. happens. I am just posting that and going back to bed. Aren't you glad now that we are all internet friends and not neighbors for us to pass these germs around in person?
Ta ta for now
I'm so sorry you're feeling badly! Being sick stinks!! Hope you're on the mend soon (so you can get to work with all the baby-proofing that's likely on your to-do list :)
Yes, I'm glad that we are internet neighbors what with you having the plague. *smile* I'll be praying for you, Liz and hope you get to feeling better quickly! ((HUGS))
I hope you are feeling better soon - it is no fun to be sick anytime, but with a busy little person, it literally becomes torture. As for Zesty - all I have to say, is hold on and wait for what comes next!! They are amazing little people!! Terence can outsmart any adult I know - it makes it a little difficult to stay one step ahead of him! :) See the humor in their impishness, it definitely helps. Sometimes, you will have to call your mother and tell her the silly thing he did, hear her laugh about it, and THEN you'll be able to see the humor :) Love ya!
I am so sorry you are so sick. I hope you are feeling better soon. Being mommy too is terrible. I totally understand the busy little person. I have one that is way to busy for anyone's good and a little brother that is quickly learning what to do. Hang on to your hat, the ride only gets more interesting.
If you would like a peek into what's next, I'll let you borrow Sam. ~~~Just kidding~~
This is a little late but hopefully it finds you feeling better! Hang in there and remember you'll be wishing these crazy baby days back in a few years! Well, maybe. :-)
Post a Comment