Thursday, January 22, 2009

An actual post with real live words! and video!

Did I mention that I'm in tax season right now?

While I'm away at the office, Mr Lemon is taking care of Zesty. I hesitate to say "babysitting," because is it really babysitting if it's Daddy? I'm not sure. Plus, that makes it sound like he isn't willing, or that he is being paid. Neither is the case here.

At this juncture, may I say that after nearly a year of not bringing in any income from my own hands, I was so! excited! to get an actual paycheck last week.

Anyhoo...

I had to laugh the other day when I came home and both of my boys were still in their jammies, toys strewn everywhere, and Mr Lemon washing the dishes as I came in. He had the same look on his face that I feel on my own face sometimes. It's a whole paragraph that goes something like:
"Oh my word, the working parent is about to walk in the door. I feel like I've been busy all day, but the house sure doesn't look like it. Is it already time for him to come home? How did I manage to not get a shower yet? Did I even eat?"

You know what look I'm talking about. YOU KNOW.

I'm a lucky gal, though, when he walks in the door from work and sees that look on my face, he never has judged me or even mentioned anything about what looks like a colossally wasted day. Sometimes he will even jump right in and make supper.

Here's his paycheck for "babysitting" the other day. The joyous laughter of a baby playing. Please ignore the kool-aid stain on the carpet. Apparently there was no other piece of carpet in the house available at the time he was taking this video. Also, if you are prone to motion sickness, you may want to pop a Dramamine.



Now for my shameless bragging, and also for your viewing pleasure, MY FAVORITE!

Zesty loves to pull himself up to the keyboard set up in my bedroom on an ancient endtable.

(KLASSY, I know)

About a month ago he was under my feet while I was getting ready for church, so I turned on the keyboard, and he pounced around on it, and started back to climb my legs. I said, "Zesty, play Momma a piano song?" He looked up at me, tilted his head, and I said "Please? Play Momma a piano song?" and he went right over and played for me. He did that three times on command.

You can imagine my glee, and my eagerness to capture this for the blog.


4 comments:

MotherT said...

Now that video of Zesty playing the keyboard with his hands and teeth is a keeper! How adorable he is. Give him hugs from his Nana and tell him I loved the serenade!

Mr. and Mrs. Nurse Boy said...

Yes, I KNOW that look. I have mastered that look!

Could Zesty be any cuter? I LOVE those belly laughs!

Mrs. Nurse Boy

kate said...

Loooooove watching him gnaw the keyboard. What a little blessing he is!

Valerie said...

LOL!! The tooth playing was too cute!! How sweet! He is built just like Daniel, tall and skinny! He is so precious! Loved the laughs too! Great paycheck I think.

I definitely KNOW that look. I think I wear it most days around 6 or 6:30.

Love the shiny dots.

Post a Comment