As I said, I bought a baby gate.
$34.99, thankyouverymuchTarget
I thought it was $9.94, so I snatched that baby up quicklike before doublechecking. Waltzed right past the big red CHECK THAT WAY TOO LOW TO BE TRUE PRICE RIGHT HERE, LADY price checker, pranced into line, and got cut off at the wallet.
I was with a friend, and a little embarrassed to put it back, so I took it home.
Feeling a little guilty at spending $35 on something I could neither eat, give away, or wear to a fancy party, I drove Mr Lemon nuts asking in eleventy billion ways if I should take it back and exchange it, or shop around some more, or was this too difficult to put together, I can take it back you know, and are you sure you like this better than the standard wooden gate?
(I also have a very fancy system of keeping the cold air outside, namely a rolled up blanket at the foot of the door.)
We are keeping the gate.
As you can see, this kid is not afraid of anything, including but not limited to the basket which contains his small toys.
If it's above his eye level, he's trying to climb up it. I didn't mean to catch him on video crying, I was trying to just take a picture. Here, you see, he is stuck. Listen closely and play it a few times. You'll hear it clearly. "I'm STUCK, Momma!"
6 comments:
Thanks for the Buckeye recipe.
I do the drive hubby crazy thing with small items I feel I paid too many $$$'s for too. It's a nice gate.
Adding you to my blog roll if that's OK?
You got a live wire on your hands don't you. That is so funny.
Love the baby gate and totally understand about the returning issue. I would have obsessed over, driving hubs crazy. It is a nice one though.
I think you need to listen to the audio of that film clip again. He is clearly saying "Please help me." I nearly fell off the chair laughing when I saw the pics. Are you going to make buckeyes when you're here for Christmas? All the supplies are still here. Love ya.
That's a good gate. We had that kind for our multileveled house. Even though the girls have outgrown the need for gates, we have kept them and use them occasionally for times we need to keep them or others out of an area. The other night we had friends over and wanted to keep the five children in the family room and away from the games in the dining room so we put it at the top of the stairs leading out of the family room. It worked to keep one nine yr old, two 7 year olds, a five year old and an almost 4 year old out of our hair so we could play some Mexican train dominos. You'll use it for years, and it doesn't take much space or work to put up. A friend had one and brought it over to use before we had kids and left it behind then I bought another at a garage sale for $5 but I probably would have paid 30 for it.
I've yet to find a gate for less than that that worked one iota. Let me re-phrase, I've yet to find a gate that works. Hence the reason we stepped over and around toppled kitchen chairs in every exit for MONTHS. If you have one that works for any amount of change I say go for it.
just wait til he figgers out that he can cram his little toes in and climb that sucker!!
Post a Comment