It was fabulous. W and I got to meet M's family and cute nieceys, and pretend we were Huskers for a minute. I was getting over breaking up with my
(Now isn't that an unspectacular random thing about me you didn't know...)
(My college life, it is a soap opera of one unspectacular random thing after another. Just ask Mama Lovelock. She was there.)
Back to the blizzard - we had no power, and we were stuck in Nebraska with a rented car, and M was pining for her boyfriend. W was (pretending to be) pining for her boyfriend. I was pining for a boyfriend, ANY BOYFRIEND WILL DO, DEAR JESUS, PLEASE DON'T LET THE RAPTURE HAPPEN BEFORE I GET MARRIED. We were all pining for the hot baths in a real bathtub that we thought we were going to be treated to by going to M's house. But, funny thing, when there's no power as is wont to happen in a blizzard, the hot water disappears too.
Now that I think about it, W and I should apologize to M for chattering her ear off when she had strenuous driving conditions on the way home. But hey, she invited us, and she knew what she was getting into. We helped her procrastinate many a term paper by chattering her ear off in her room.
So here's a toast to October Blizzards. May they be accompanied by only spotty power outages, and good friends with candles.
7 comments:
I heard he's not gay anymore!! Ha-ha!!
~Carrie
I remember that trip you all took and I remember the boyfriend!! Good times, good times. And very soap opera like, for many more besides you.
Great post. Thanks for the flashback.
My hubby is a Cornhusker fan. He would tell you that all of that drama was worth the trouble! ;-)
Ohmyword ... talk about a trip back in time!! Thanks for reminding me of the good memories - remember the thunder in the middle of the dumping of snow??? How cool that was!! Remember M showing us the Mexico lace for her dress - and how gorgeous it was?? My favorite picture from that trip is a crazy one of you with hot sticks in your hair - and pining after a boy or no - you looked so happy. Everytime I see that picture it makes me happy :) Wow - I could just totally take over the comments section with memories from that trip, but I'll refrain ;) Thanks again for the reminders ... love you and remember you don't amount to a bill of heans!! ;)
(maybe the hotsticks were before the power went out? :) I'd love to see that picture)
If my memory serves me right, you used to wear hotsticks hot or not, because sometimes you just couldn't wait for them to heat up. I take it your "bloggy groove" came back? It stopped by long enough to start my blog. I fed it a snack as you requested, and sent it home. It must have taken "the shortcut" home.(Think back to learning to drive for that one)
OKay...I HAVE to comment on this, even though I'm a few days late and a dollar short!! I also talked about that trip just a few days ago. LOLOL!!! IT was sure a doozy!! But I wouldn't trade it for the world! It was fun! And gives fond memories of you gals that I don't get to see anymore. Sorry I'm so behind, I just got internet back at my house yesterday. And no, he's not gay anymore. Back in church and doing wonderfully from what I understand!
Love and hugs!
M
Post a Comment