On Sundays, we have three services that we are involved in, plus a 30-45 minute choir practice. There is also eating to be done, and preferably a nap.
(Well, Splenda and Mr Lemon get naps in the afternoon. I usually am so wired by the time lunch is over that I force myself to lay down, even if I don't sleep.)
Yesterday afternoon I decided to really bust out my inner Betty the Housewife and make lunch and supper at the same time.
Note to Betty: Dumb move.
Mr Lemon was feeding Zesty (oh right - I fixed his lunch at the same time too) while I threw together some Chicken Broccoli Alfredo. I also mixed up some meatloaf and had that in the oven so we could just reheat it for supper after Sunday night church.
And I left that meatloaf in the oven while we ate.
And while I laid awake trying to sleep.
And while I took my time curling my hair.
And while I wasted time browsing the interweb trying to get my bloggy groove on.
Two and a half hours later, I remembered that meatloaf. It isn't even fit for dog food. Not that I have a dog, but there's an ugly dog down the street that it isn't fit for.
Mr Lemon was notably disappointed. He loves him some Mrs Lemon Meatloaf.
*sigh* Oh well, we thought, we'll have hamburgers or something after church.
I should stop here and mention that we had us some church last night.
Y'all. Missed. It.
Sis Pastor's Wife wants to go on record ON THE BLAWG that Zesty had his first shout last night in her arms. And somehow he still managed to fall asleep in all the racket that us Pentecostals make when we're getting our praise on.
We dragged into the house at nearly 9pm last night, and I wept piteously, "Let's just have a sandwich and put Momma to bed." Mr Lemon had mercy on me and fixed dinner while I shoveled some cereal into Zesty's mouth in hopes of a full night's sleep.
For some reason, the fries seemed to take a lot longer than the chicken patties.
He said, I think the chicken is cold. I didn't care at this point if the chicken had cooled while we waited on the fries. I almost didn't care if the chicken still had feathers attached.
But they were BARELY THAWED when Mr Lemon put them on our plates.
We had a good belly laugh over that while I microwaved them so they were edible.
Later, when I was seriously ALMOST ASLEEP, Mr Lemon was still hungry.
I suggested he go gnaw on a frozen chicken patty.
8 comments:
LOL!! That is too funny. And kinda ironic... hehehehe...
One burnt meatloaf and one frozen Chicken.. Hm.... Me thinks there is a conspiracy in the Lemon Residence..
SO Zesty is now fully a pentecostal shoutin baby... all good stuff..
Jodi
PS... Did we finish.. Meet your Mate Mondays?
Jodi
So funny!! So days are like that, usually on Sunday, when time is limited.
Hey, you never said anything about the joint service with the other church? What happened?
Jodi - yep. We didn't date long enough for more than three parts :)
Valerie - we baptized 27! It was awesome. Their new baptristy wasn't ready yet, so we borrowed a horse trough from another church and baptized them out in front of the whole city.
So awesome.
I love the idea of Zesty shoutin' and praisin' the Lord. I think I'll find him a tiny tambourine for Christmas.
What, You've never heard of meatloaf jerkey? If the dog you are refering to is the one I think it is, feed it to him anyway. Serves him right. I had me some meatloaf over the weekend & I'm still enjoying it.
You are not the only tired mom who has ever done something like this!!! Next time it will be better!
Post a Comment