It's not that I can't handle the baby on my own, but just watching how Mom handles him is teaching me how to better care for my baby. I told her I was glad she couldn't come until now, because
We have found out he is a side sleeper, so we readjusted his sleep positioner to keep him in one place while he's on his side. He only woke up a couple of times in the night.
Mom is not a fan of the Snappi, she'd rather use pins with the cloth diapers, but she made my day when she said "But we'll do it your way."
Yesterday we took a day trip down to Shaker Village. We went years ago as a family, and I enjoyed the simplicity all over again. I didn't so much enjoy the hard benches in the Meeting House. My bum was already numb from having driven 1 1/2 hours. But Zesty got good and worn out from the day, got to be outside in the sunshine, and I think he's figuring out that daylight is for being awake and nighttime is for sleeping.
Although right now he's asleep on my chest, and that's okay. I've been missing my boy since Mom is here schnuggling him all the time. Last night Mom was holding him after about a 2 hour go-round with trying to relieve his gas, and I was standing there looking at him. Mom was like, "you want him?"
What was the clue, all my hovering?
So, Daddy, thank you for loaning me my mother. I needed her.
No comments:
Post a Comment