Tuesday, April 15, 2008

I'm in the club

Just on the rare thought that you might want to know how I'm doing post-partum...

I feel gooder and gooder every single day. Today I even put on my Mrs Lemon The Housewife hat and let the baby cry a little bit while I swept and mopped the floors downstairs.

My scale is not to be trusted, but I think I've lost most if not all of my actual pregnancy pounds. The body shape however, she is different. That's not altogether a bad thing. It means that my hips and waist now actually look like they belong on the same person.

I've been able to get into a few of my pre-partum jean skirts since last Monday. Most of my dress skirts I was able to wear until the 7th/8th month, but the maternity jean skirts I have been wearing since way too early. Next time I will remember that 9 months is almost a whole year, and there is no need to start wearing maternity clothes until absolutely necessary. And for those of you who told me so, go ahead. Say "I told you so." I won't cry today.

I did have my fair share of the baby blues. Poor Mr Lemon. It kinda just threw him for a loop, but I think I'm more reasonable now. See, the excitement and adrenaline rush of having the baby wore off around 8pm on the Friday after I had him. Catharine and Brad came over, and caught me bawling my eyes out. She was kind and sweet, talked me through it, gave Mr Lemon some hope, and Brad didn't make fun of me.

I think I'm even getting used to getting sleep in snatches. I'm surprised at my maternal instincts to hear the baby cry. Usually I'm like, "Mr Lemon- go get him. He's crying." But the fact that I can hear something in my sleep? Total instinct. Not a learned behavior.

My Mom is coming next week to spoil her grandbaby, and I'm glad I'm feeling good. Maybe we can go do stuff now that I know how the stroller works.

No comments:

Post a Comment