Monday, April 14, 2008

new-fangled inventions

I can tell you this now, because today it is funny. Last Monday it was not funny.

I took Zesty for a weight check at the hospital, Splenda went with me. He was 7lbs 3 oz, which means he had gained back all of his birth weight plus some. Yay me and my baby feeding skillz!

I'm not even sure if I had mentioned it before, but the locks on my car are tricky. You can't lock the doors from the inside when you are stepping out of the car, as was my habit with the Taurus. That was a good habit, as I never locked my keys in the car. Also, whatever way you locked the Honda last, you have to unlock it the same way or it won't start.

Which shouldn't be a problem, but there was only one keyless entry key fob thingy with the car, so Mr Lemon gave it to me.

It has caused me nothing but trouble. Remember when my car started on its own? We since have determined that when I tried to start it that morning from the remote start that the sensor froze over and then thawed later in the day.

So back to Monday - when I got out of the car at the hospital, I habit-ly flicked the inside door lock, then remembered "Oh. You can't do that." So I locked the door with the key fob.

When we went to get back in the car, I unlocked it with the key fob, but the car wouldn't start.

Monday also happened to be the warmest day we've had so far, 75ish. Inside the car it felt like 90ish, especially when one is frustrated with the locks on the car, nervous about making it home before the baby started shrieking, and generally going into crisis mode because I CAN'T START MY CAR.

I even went so far as to call Thithy and beg her to come and get us because I CAN'T START MY CAR. I can't have normal crises like "no diapers" or "left my diaper bag at the church."

Then, I remembered the remote start. It worked this time, but Mr Lemon and I decided the magic little key fob should be thrown as far as the east is from the west to avoid screwing that up again. And I will never again touch the lock button on the inside of the car.

The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment