Seriously, I think I am just now recovered from the weekend. I worked about 35 hours last week, and ran around all day Saturday baby shopping, then on to the shower Saturday afternoon.
I really needed another Saturday between Saturday and Sunday.
The baby shower was so fun though! Some of my closest friends, some of Mr Lemon's family, and Sis Pastor's Wife's chicken salad sandwiches completed my day. I don't have pictures of all of the following, and I'm too lazy to go upstairs and take pictures.
Things we received at the shower:
~ lots and lots of cute clothes
~ a great diaper bag
~ blankets (one was handmade - so darling!)
~ a bath seat
~ an exersaucer
~ a photo album
~ bath wash stuff
~ bibs
~ hats (one we received yesterday, and it is a ball cap that says "Little Brother")
~ a monitor
~ newborn head positioner for the carseat
~ diapers
~ wittle bitty shoes
~ a UK outfit complete with a soft basketball - someone wants to see if me and Mr Lemon will have a fight, I guess ... lol!
~ Horton!
~ a gift bag FULL OF CANDY - that was for me. Not the baby.
~ not received at the shower, but I know it's coming - a Medela Swing breast pump
~ not received at the shower, but I already told you about the stroller and carseat
Can't fail to mention the cash gifts, with which we bought:
~ a Boppy and two tone cover
~ Boppy Rock In Comfort swing
~ a sleep positioner
~ nursing pads
Haven't bought yet but will by the end of the week because I have a 15% off coupon
~ an extra base for the carseat
I did end up working yesterday, but I called off today. I'm working tomorrow, then next week, and then I'm done. DONE. I slept most of today, except for the times I was playing with the baby's clothes, and then talking to Mom, and then cooking supper. Other than that, I was sleeping.
Mr Lemon and I were having a very serious talk today about some game plans for when we are at the hospital, and can you believe one of the things I told him we have to have?
A surrogate blogger.
I mean, you have all been with me through the whole pregnancy. I know you would all be sitting on the edge of your seats in the waiting room with my family if you were here.
So I'm gonna go out on a limb here and ask if there is anyone who would like to volunteer to be my surrogate blogger while I'm having the baby. This would probably entail getting to see the first emailed pictures, getting a phone call from my sister or someone to tell you the vital details, and then relaying this information to THE WHOLE INTERNET.
No pressure. Just shoot me an email if you would like to take on this responsibility. I would ask my mom to do it, but she probably will be too busy holding the baby and counting his fingers and toes. And my husband would short out the keyboard with his tears.
No comments:
Post a Comment